anyone using the Slee stripper pole tire mount? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

93yotasr5

Come and take it
Threads
looking into getting the stripepr pole to mount my tire and powertank to. anyone have anything to say about these? they look cool. is there another company that has a less expensive one?
thanks

Slee - Interior Mounting Bar

:confused:

wonder if it would fit a 37 id like one

I cut all the parts and had someone weld one up. About 40.00 invested.
Kinda tricky measuring the angle cuts. Ended up using square tubing for the "pole".

JJ

looking into getting the stripepr pole to mount my tire and powertank to. anyone have anything to say about these? they look cool. is there another company that has a less expensive one?
thanks

Slee - Interior Mounting Bar

:confused:

The Slee pole takes up too much room IMO. I use 2 ratchet straps to the 3rd row brackets for the tire and it has never move a mm.
96bump14.JPG

I made up my own mount as well with ratchet straps takes up less room cost me about $30 in supplies from Home Depot not pretty but it works great.

i might try the ratchet strap trick today. would rather spend the extra cash elsewhere on the 80

Ok pulled out 2 old ratchet straps. Works perfectly!!!

86cb740c.jpg

That's a cute tire. Wouldn't it fit underneath?

Guh, that looks very unsafe! Those tiny straps in that location won't hold that tire in a sudden stop e.g. if you hit someone or some thing. I use 2 3000lb straps and a 1000lb strap when I have my tire upright and still tend to be overly cautious. Contrary to popular opinion, it's still gonna move - have someone drive while you watch it................

I'm in the process of building my own. Should have it done by the end of the weekend. I'll post pics when done.

Slee's does cost a premium but his stuff is quality and you can rest easy on the fact as its built to hold your tire there under all conditions. He is in the business to make sure of that.

I pondered the ratchet straps for about 30 seconds. Personally I would not trust that set up in the event of a head on accident. I don't want a 100lb projectile coming forward.

I have the Slee and like it. Yes it does stick out quite a ways and may prevent carry some large items, but it isn't like you can't use the space between the tire and sidewall. My hi-lift lives there as well as my "everyday tool bag". When I go wheeling, long narrow items stacks well in there. (tent, chairs, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, etc)

It is very stout and wouldn't worry a bit about it in a crash or roll. Slee states that you can fit a 37 (I only have 35).

I also purchased a couple of the accessory clamps (which seem very stout) and plan on getting a bottle at some point.

Hmmmm maybe I'll order up the slee afterall. I want the extra clearance underneath the 80.
If I had a welder, I'd fab up my own. It's just mot cheap. 200 for the pole, 25 for the mount and then shipping. Anyone selling there old setup?

Have you put a call out to guys in your area who do fabrication work to help create a solution? It is worth a shot.

I had the Slee mount at one point but went another direction. It is very well engineered, but I opted out because I didnt have the heart to drill through the floor when there are already so many holes in the floor.

Hmmmm maybe I'll order up the slee afterall. I want the extra clearance underneath the 80.
If I had a welder, I'd fab up my own. It's just mot cheap. 200 for the pole, 25 for the mount and then shipping. Anyone selling there old setup?

Check out the working load on those straps, let alone the breaking strength. I think you'll find them to be adequate to the job, even in a head-on. If you don't think so, get some 2" straps and cut them to length. People get just a bit ridiculous around here.

I went through the rim with the ratchet straps and its not going anywhere.

1” Ratchet Strap
Web Break Strength: 4000 lbs
Assembly Break Strength: 1,200 lbs
Work Load Limit: 400 lbs

Last edited:
atleast put a strap THROUGH the wheel ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom