Anyone using the headlight with the built in turn signal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking about getting rid of fender mounted turn signals and have seen a number of types of headlights that have an integrated turn signal. Anyone using these that could provide a quick review? Do they work as a standalone turn signal? Any suggestions on brands--there are a ton of cheap knock-offs (or maybe they're all cheap knock-offs and some just cost more).

A few other threads on this, but they're more focused on halogen/LED/HID. Thanks for any thoughts.
Headlight Turn Signal.jpg

These things are pretty common in Street Rod Building. My experience is that these lenses suffer a bit in the "bright light" category because the reflectors aren't perfectly shaped. I think it would be fine if you have auxiliary driving lights or something to help out with the nighttime long distance vision.

Don

Got a pair from www.chevsofthe40s.com. Turn signals work great but the low beams are a bit weak. Could be our front end points up a little bit, as it seems better with the hardtop off. Paid $175 for the pair in May of 2009. Got a LED flasher from them as well. I'd buy them again.

flasher - part number 3713382L2 ALL
headlights - part number AUT6001C
Pictures 055.jpg

i'm running a set, either switching back to stock and using no front signals or going to buy the ones above assuming their glass (pm incoming about that). don't cheap out like i did, both of mine cracked with in a few weeks.

281257_1867740381974_1495017324_31484000_5125220_n.jpg

I thought about setting up a set of blinkers using the old style running lights that were in the bib below the lights. They would be low and kinda hidden if you have a winch but I like the look.

Not to hijack this thread, but I like what the 70 series blinkers look like, would be another idea for the front.

hrs080819bay-080.jpg

I believe a few MUD members use them, forsure I know that Bursabaju rocks them on his!! I'm thinking of going this route, I think they fit the look of the 40 perfect!

IMG_2169.jpg

View attachment 552732
IMG_2169.jpg
hrs080819bay-080.jpg

Autonik headlights with additional lights cut into the lower portion of the front bib. The round amber lights (Grote) carry out the parking light duties and at the same time have a built in DOT spec. reflector to keep the front end legal. I wired the amber LED's inside the headlights for turn signal use only.
DSCN2183.jpg

I used these...
bad photo for the close shot but...
I used LED round trailer marker lights and set them in cut pieces of 3 I.D. pipe 2 inches long.
They are fully protected, stout and welded to the back half of the bumper. TheLED light pops in and out if change is needed or disconnection is required and stay secured in the pipe with the gasket that comes with the light.
They also blink really bright too.

I also did the rear as well with LED. I like them bright.
I like the guy behind me to know im there as he's flying up on me while im pegged out at 50mph!:lol:
IMG_2202.jpg
IMG_2199.jpg

Autonik headlights with additional lights cut into the lower portion of the front bib. The round amber lights (Grote) carry out the parking light duties and at the same time have a built in DOT spec. reflector to keep the front end legal. I wired the amber LED's inside the headlights for turn signal use only.
View attachment 552811

What size wheels and tires are those
They are nice

Are the turn signals in that amber, do they also work for the running lights. Many states require turn signals to be amber. I do like the 70 series lights on an Fj40, they truly look like they were made for it. Very popular in picture from south america. That is the route I would go if I off roaded a lot.

Are the turn signals in that amber, do they also work for the running lights. Many states require turn signals to be amber. I do like the 70 series lights on an Fj40, they truly look like they were made for it. Very popular in picture from south america. That is the route I would go if I off roaded a lot.

To do it right requires moving the hood latch back. Not sure I would use these on a early FJ40 but late I wasn't trying to keep stock think they would look good.

I am running knock off cheap ones in my work truck.. (Sorry not LC)

$25 buck each at eBay - lasted 8 months before water got into one but still work. I have to setup a 12vlt regular bulb in engine bay as the LED blinkers did not draw enough power so they flashed super fast..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom