Anyone using patrol bushings in their 80 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered a set of OEM bushings from superior engineering for the front radius arms on the 80 and ended up receiving nissan branded bushes (I assume for a gu patrol). I called up the store and was told the bushes are the same size and made from the same compound so they just send out either or.
Have any of you fellas tried running patrol bushings in a cruiser?

It will take around three weeks to get them sent back and swapped over so I'm wondering whether it really makes a difference

You should be able to look up an Aftermarket bushing through Napa or something similar. Then see if the part number is the same for the two model trucks. That will give you a true indication if it compatible.

But that would drive me crazy. Toyota's are superior compared to Nissan's!!!😎

I've heard that the Superior arms often come with Nissan bushings in there. When I received mine I took a look and couldn't tell what was in there, with the bushings installed. Would you mind posting some pictures of the bushings your received? We don't get Patrols out here. My guess is that the rubber is very similar and they'd work just fine. I guess you could order OEM from a dealer, if you're worried as well.

I have never used Superior Engineering products, but personally, I would not use them. Their website clearly has bushes for the 80 series Land Cruiser and you should not have received anything that has a Nissan brand on it. It's a Land Cruiser(!), not some more obscure vehicle like an Isuzu VehiCROSS--they should not have to resort to using another brand's bushes.

That being said, if you need to use them, let us know if they work. The closest thing to a Patrol the US got was the Y62 (Nissan Armada/Infinity QX).

I'd be interested to see if another major manufacturer came up with something superior to Toyota's spec. I'd probably swap a set of Nissan bushings in if I had them available.

Here are some pics, I haven't taken them out of the packaging as I've decided to return them and get oem from the dealer. It looks as though if I ordered them for a nissan I would have got the exact same parts for a much cheaper price

20201106_143627.jpg

20201106_143646.jpg

I do like the ridges on the end of the tube to prevent wear and ensure the flex happens in the rubber and not the steel-on-steel part. (it shouldn't happen if it is torqued properly, but corrosion can do things...)

Do the OEM bushings have that?

Nissan is legit. This is the last thing I would be sweating and would run a damn nissan bush in a second.

In fact, what is that full part # ? :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom