anyone using microsoft antispyware

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by rusmannx, Jul 17, 2005.

1. rusmannx

rusmannx

i dislike microsoft as much as the next guy, but i'm always looking for a usefull program. i just did a fresh windows 2000 install on my linux server (the wife wanted windows on another box so she could play too) and throught i would try out this antispyware by microsoft. it's free, it's in beta, and holy crap it does a nice job. easy to use as well.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

2. sikocycles

sikocycles

I user it. Its pretty good. I also use spybot and adaware. All three together works nice

3. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

have been on multiple machines for about 6 months now, love the stuff.

4. BOUNDER

BOUNDER

Albums:
    Microsoft creates and manufactures great products - period - and I'm a big fan of Bill Gates :flipoff2:. All these other whiners :crybaby: should shut the &$!@# up. I use the beta version of the anti-spyware - I believe that's all thats out. I too use ad-aware, spybot and trend-micro - clean pc for years. Windows XP Pro and bought a new Dell XPS "Big Blue" last year.

5. John E Davies

John E Davies

MS didn't write the program - they acquired it from another company...

I have been using it for several months. It is a backup for my main program - I run regular sweeps with SpySweeper and ocassional ones with Ad Aware and MS AntiSpyware to catch cr@p that gets missed. It seems as if no spyware program is anywhere near 100% effective by itself.

John

6. alvarorb

alvarorb Color Geek in Charge

Bounder,

If MS is so great, why then the need of all the Antivirus, Spyware and the such?
    If their software (Operating Systems, Productivity Suites, Mail Servers) were well written from the start you would not need all this extra crap.
    When was the last time you heard of a Linux or Unix virus?

Regards

Alvaro

7. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Where is the payoff writing a virus for linux. Not enough systems running it for those guys to get any kind of rush from.

8. Tentsontop

Tentsontop

PC Magazine

PC did an anitspyware comparison recently. They liked MS beta (which is supposed to get a major shot in the arm soon), but it missed the top pick as it didn't actively block spyware from being installed as well as a couple others did. I use it and another as a back up. Just remember to reboot as the spyware it detects will not be removed until you do.

Reboot! Reboot!

9. 74fj40

74fj40

Works great for me, got rid of all my spyware

10. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

I do exactly the same thing. Not every spyware program will get them all is what I found on a geek site quite awhile ago. Great logical advice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.