Anyone using a Garmin ique 3600? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone using the new Garmin ique 3600 pda/gps? I'm looking for ideas for vehicle mounting other than the Garmin 'bean-bag' dashboard holder. I'd like to be able to have it in a similar position as this
gps.jpg

but I am not sure if any mounts from Rammounts or jottodesk would allow me to put it there without blocking either too much forward or rear-veiw mirror view.

Incidentally, I havn't bought it yet, so if you think a Garmin V is just as good or better, let me know.

The cheapest I've seen the ique on the net is at amazon.com; around $460
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000087BXU/qid=1070935056//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i0_xgl23/104-9193159-1257509?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

I'm going Garmin V, at Junk's suggestion and my subsquent research.
Seems to fit my needs perfectly, I don't know how much it differs from the III model.

The thing I like about the ique vs. the GPS V is that it's full color, has a bigger display than the V, and can be used as a standard PDA. Just not sure if it can be mounted to look as clean as the GPS V.

I've got the iQue... one mounting option is to use the docking cradle that comes with the unit, then rubber band it to your cup holder. I've done this and it works great, but w/o the speaker of the bean bag car unit you can't hear the woman at all, have to run a tape thing from the headphone jack to put it through the stereo.. then you don't get to hear the radio. But if you don't want to listen to her anyway, then this is a cool solution, because it puts the unit in a great place and there's nothing permanent.

The bean bag deal actually works quite well though... the speaker on the charger cord is loud as hell, night and day compared to what whispers out of the unit. I put it right over the big hole in the center console, so I lose my Biggie Coke holder but it still works well. I share the unit with one other guy, and take it on sales trips to use in rental cars, so a more permanent installation isn't in the cards. If I wanted it permanently mounted in the Cruiser, I'd probably ditch the beanbag portion of the car deal, then screw that mount to the center console somewhere, probably on the passenger side of the front portion (near the PWR buttons).

I got if off Ebay, from Lance Paik of JNJ'S TOYS & STACY'S CREATIONS. I think he's got the iQue and car kit for around $489 now, his service was outstanding... hth.

I like the color disp and PDA function, but I need my GPS to stand up to serious all weather abuse on ATV's, mtbikes and hiking. Not to mention the 40 is open weather too. :D
Since Junk is still on his first, and hasn't had to repair it, I figure it must be pretty well made.
I don't think he's used it in his backyard. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom