Anyone used this plastic bolt on tailgate? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone bought and used this plastic tailgate listed on Ebay? It is listed as durable textured TPO plastic. Wondering about the quality and weight. Thanks

Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 TAIlGATE door Durable Textured TPO Plastic FREE SHIP | eBay

upload_2017-12-19_2-47-31.png

Knowing plastic, it'll be lighter than steel. I'd not hesitate to use it... so long as black works. Paint likely won't stick to it overly well.

I guess it would be ok if you don't need to open it and sit on it.

One of the first things I did to my Toy was weld the metal two piece gate together and made it drop down like a proper tailgate.

I doubt it would work with plastic.

Wow, they took the extra time and care to form the 'look-a-like' hinges into the mold. Maybe this isn't your standard run of the mill cheap plastic part?

From the pics looks like a filler for when you remove the ambulance doors and top. Bolts in place so no drop and sit.

Has anyone used one of these on a later model with the rounded bottom corners? The seller says they work, but curious about how well.

I’ve seen one in person. Textured type of plastic like a snorkel. I can’t picture paint sticking.

Last edited:
There's a 40 locally for sale with a fibreglass tub. Not my bag. Straight up trail rig, that'd be a winner.

I might order one of those plastic tailgates. That seems like a way easier solution than what I had in mind.

Has anyone used one of these on a later model with the rounded bottom corners? The seller says they work, but curious about how well.
I have one. Not installed, but I’ve test fitted it. Quite big gaps, but it’ll work.
5654B78E-9A65-4EC3-BFE9-C6189B13751B.jpeg

Nice! It looks like it is in primer? Do you think it’ll hold paint well?
It’s not primered. I think it would hold the paint after plastic primer. The surface is quite rough, not shiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom