Anyone use a Ford 300 in a FJ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just reading around on other boards and was very interested in the ford 300 they put in trucks as I have been reading it is a great little torque monster and seems to do better then the 302 in almost all areas. What are the reasons for using the chev 350 in the V8 conversions. Is it more b/c they are cheap and it has been done before so there is a good base of knowledge? Any info on the F300 would be good. Anyone do a ford 351 as I like the Ford engine better b/c I grew up around them and I like having the dist in the front of the engine.

The distributor is not in the front of the Ford 300cid engine, it's on the side.

There aren't a lot of adapters available for Ford to Toyota as far as I know, but maybe someone knows; that's probably the reason for little use of Fords.

I think it would be a great swap with an NP435 (AA makes an adapter to 3- and 4-speed tcases). I *think* NP435s came attached to the 300 didn't they?

A C4 auto would be cool as well, but I'd go with an Atlas or maybe a D300, which means you'd have to address the centered rear output as well.

the 300 is a great engine, fuel injection and everything. would make a fantastic swap. i have thought about it a few times over the years but i never when past that.

I'm pertty sure that Marks Adapters (AU) makes a bellhousing adapter to mate the the 300 ford straight up the stock cruiser g-box. IMHO a fuel injected 300 would be a great swap for a 40.

I have a 460 ford, with a np 435 behind it. Advanced adapters does have a kit to put a toy 3 speed t case on it. The main problem I had was making a bracket for the slave cylinder. Transfer case linkage wasn't to hard, I made a custom twin stick for this. good luck!

Hi All:

The Ford 4.9Litre I-6 (aka 300 C.I.) definitely was available with the NP435 tranny attached - knew a guy with a '85 (?) Ford Bronco with this combo.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

the 300 has the same bell housing patern as the 302/351w so yes a NP435 will fit behind it but it makes no sence in my opinion.

I have a 351w, NP435 and a 3-speed case and i love it. I would do it again any day. AA makes an adaptor for the 435 to a 3 or 4 speed case. You caould also use a T18 but AA only makes an adaptor to the 4 speed case not the 3.

It would be perfect to find an old ford with a 300 6 and a 435 tranny. I think late 70's early 80's. Then use a/a adapter to mate the 435 to Toyota tcase. Simple and cheap .

Cheaper to use Chevy six , but then they are almost identical to a 2f so um whats the use , unless you got an old ford sittin out back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom