1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone tried or seen this???

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by daughterofromer, Jul 10, 2005.

1. daughterofromer

daughterofromer

Media:
    Albums:
    thanks to firsttoy suggestion in the fooooound a 4runner thread.... i finished up the oil change/fluid stuff today and finally got some time to think about doing pretty stuff to my truck.... in the article

http://www.4runners.org/articles/satoshi/

it says that the '99 and '02 grills would be much more difficult but possible (firsttoy has it on 4th gen)

has anyone seen this done or done it themselves on the same model i have? i'm trying to figure if it would be a good project for a beginner.....

(got some paint ordered to fix up the small rusty spot on right rear, so being the :princess: i am i would have the "toyota" match my paint job!!!)

2. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

Damn, I could of swore I told FatherofdaughterofRomer I had (or think I do) some matching touch-up paint I ordered for my '00.....(they called it millenium silver that year, but code matched some earlier years.....)

Oh well, good luck and post up pics of your mod after you do it.

3. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    You need to wheel it and you'll have much more things to worry about than repainting the badging. :D

See you wed. What's you dad driving? The 40 or the 80 or is he riding shotgun (literally) :eek:

4. daughterofromer

daughterofromer

Media:
    Albums:
    hahah no he's driving, hopefully he's going but he wouldnt give me a definite answer yet.....you'd have to ask him about which car though

5. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

I am getting a spray can. I thought yours was that tube with abrush. If I am wrong let me know.

Wes- I'll probably take the 40.

Rachel - No one in our Family owns a car (Truck, rig, . . .)

6. filthyrich

filthyrich

I am in the process of doing the mod for my wife's 99 SR5.
    I traded grills with a friend (96 4r) and have been following these directions:
    http://www.4runners.org/articles/satoshi/

I have cut the old grill out and am in the process of attaching the mesh...

You can probably trade grills for the 96-98. Your grill is fairly desirable on the older 3rd gens.

Yes it is an easy mod. I a little time consuming, but it looks soooooooo good.

I will post pics when I get it finished.

7. daughterofromer

daughterofromer

Media:
    Albums:
    if they arent an edited version those are the same ones i was looking at..... now i need to do my reserach and look for a trade! how long have u been working on it for?

8. filthyrich

filthyrich

I have had everything for awhile, but just got started last week. I bought the FJ40 emblem for $28 and will get the material at a local steel yard.
    Hopefully I will have it done this week, but my new motorcycle is being delivered tomorrow, so.....

9. FirstToy

FirstToy

Came across a nice picture of one - same colour as yours . Someone I know picked up a older grille to use for this on ebay-
    [​IMG]

10. FirstToy

FirstToy

11. daughterofromer

daughterofromer

Media:
    Albums:
    thanks for the tip...just messaged, so we'll see ....i guess its not so bad being broke, that way i do my research before buying.....