1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Tried Cruiserparts Exhaust Components?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by BOBLX450, Jul 26, 2005.

1. BOBLX450

BOBLX450

Need to repair or replace the Y pipe /converter section of the exhaust on my LX450 (1997)
    Was told by a couple of you to try a weld job which I will do-but realize that may be a short term fix
    Option is to buy aftermarket piece from CRUISERPARTS for $399-a great price considering the Dealer Route (WHY MUST THEY RIP US SO?????)
    Has anyone bought and installed this piece and is an aftermarket manifold gasket OK-was told by local Midas Muffler to get the factory gasket
    Thanks in advance for your input

2. CharlieS

CharlieS

Check with CDan on the nice mud price for the factory parts before you jump off the deep end. It might be less painful that way.

Charlie

3. beno

beno 23424-23216 Moderator GOLD Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd go with the factory exhaust manifold gaskets. They are specifically engineered for our exhaust manifold openings. I have two sitting on my shelf inthe garage for when I get around to replacing mine. They were pretty cheap--all things considered.

I have dealt with cruiserparts.net. They are very good with used parts in my experience (I've bought a couple of alloy wheels and some other parts...). They've never screwed my orders up and they arrive via DHL rather quickly.

Best.
    -onur
    Akron, OH

4. elmariachi

elmariachi

Bob, I wouldn't call it a short-term fix. On my last truck I had it welded at 98,000 miles and it is still going strong with its new owner in North Carolina at 140K (heavily modified truck I might add). On this most recent 80 I bought in January, it does not need it yet but before I head out for Mexico on vacation this fall, I am going to have that valley MIG welded anyway. I think its better to have one welded than one not. Just my .02c.

5. BOBLX450

BOBLX450

Thanks for the advice-but could you elaborate-Don't understand who or what is CDan-I,m just new on the site and net yet up to speed on the "lingo"
    Thanks
    Bob

6. beno

beno 23424-23216 Moderator GOLD Star

Media:
    Albums:
    CDan = CruiserDan...a vaery valued and highly knowledgeable member of this board.

He is also the resident OEM Toyota parts man out of American Toyota in ALB, NM.

Here is the information that you need:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=17873

He knows exactly what to get you for the project at hand and will give you a nice IH8MUD discount....

Best.
    -onur
    Akron, OH

7. pound3151

pound3151

Give www.discountconverter.com/ a look. I've got their Y pipe w/cat and rear cat on my truck. Not quite as quiet as stock but great for the price.