Anyone tried "Cozza" Birfs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any update on this? I need new birfs and this intrigues me as I came upon them myself. I'd prefer oem but I much prefer the pricing of these. They come from Australia and they have many cruisers so maybe the pricing is just better on some things? Even with shipping it's loads of savings.

Ive just purchased Terrain Tamer CV's at $180ea see how they go behind the LS. Mine started clicking last trip out and I run part time to boot.

No problems with them - solved the clicking and they seemed to be reasonable quality. I have sold the truck these were fitted to but as far as I know, still all good.
Since purchasing these I have discovered you can get Japanese-Made HDK birfs for ~$100 each from Partsouq so if I was doing it again, would probably go down that route.
For the record I have a terrain tamer knuckle kit here for my VDJ79 (same and the seals etc. look to be very similar if not identical to the Autoparts online kit.

I recently installed the same kit with Cozza birfs. Birfs looked good, slight differences compared to stock, maybe a very slightly thicker bell wall. Inner axle seals failed within 2 months (of relatively hard use). They are not designed to flex as much as the factory seals, which have an extra 'bellows' section in the rubber compared with typical shaft seals. Otherwise I'm happy with the results, although after only a few months I don't know if they'll last the 25 years that the Toyota birfs did. I'd use them again, but I'd order axle seals (at least) from Kurt at cruiseroutfitters.com, who offers both Toyota and properly designed aftermarket seals. In fact it has been shown to me by @Tools R Us that Kurt's knuckle kits have other advantages, for instance the felts are actually superior to OEM Toyota's in fit and feel.

Last edited:
i know its an old thread but i used Cozza birfs in mine last time I rebuilt the front end back in 2019 and theyre still going fine.
done many trips through the Vic High Country and no clicks or anything odd.

I did use OEM axle oil seals though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom