Anyone tapped the A/C clutch wire and not have it kill the A/C system? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moby

GOLD Star
Threads
I seem to have killed my truck today. Trying to determine if what I tried to do should work...

I was hooking up my aux fans (2 front mounted pushers). I wired the control unit's A/C circuit to the A/C compressor clutch lead (per the unit's instructions). I then tried to start the truck. Nothing. Finally started and proceeded to run really really badly. Stopped the truck and checked the diagnostic codes. Hmmm... #51. 51 is no signal from idle, tps or, yup, A/C switch circuit. I disconnect my new controller from the A/C clutch circuit and try again. Same bad running, same error code. Disconnect and reconnect the battery. Same thing.

I started investigating and it looks like the pressure switch and/or the resistor are toast. Has anyone tapped the A/C compressor circuit with good results?

while I've not done this...I plan to do that in the future at some point. Are you using a relay? I have an electric fan setup on another vehicle where I do have the option to use the A/C as a signal voltage.

It sounds as if you might have connected the wire wrong? Don't use one of side of the relay where it senses 5 volts? I know SPAL and others make a good wiring harnes for this with a relay and temp sensor and or they have various style controllers.

I'm using a Direct Current Control controller. It's A/C control circuit draws a mere .6 milliamps - probably less than a relay (I measured it because that was my first thought as well - I bogged down the stock circuit and fried something).

I'll let you know when I get to the bottom of this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom