Anyone swapped a LC center console into an LX450??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im about to swap my LX450 center console with one from a Landcruiser. The mounting points are quite different and I was wondering if anyone has successfully done this before I just jump in and start making homemade mounting brackets.

Funny, I pulled one from a yard this month and was thinking about swapping it out..

Yeah I was afraid of this, from the looks of both the consoles Im going to have to drill holes into the LC one to create the same mounting points as the LX450 console.

negative ghost rider. I didn't have to drill any holes.

There is a thread here somewhere.

Is there a thread about interior compatibility? I cant seem to find one if there is. Im wondering about the consoles and leather seat skins myself. If there is no such thread, perhaps we should start one.

Well I'm finally getting ready to drill holes to mount this thing in the morning. I couldnt find any other posts related to this. But unless someone knows some info that I dont......

What are you, holding a perfectly good LC part hostage? If you want to half ass it go ahead. But dude, you don't need to drill any holes. Is the lx console out? Did you take the cd player mounting bracket out? It is bolted in with a couple hidden bolts under the rear carpet. After that it should slide right in. It bolts down via the two mounting holes inside the deep bin.

Do some more searches. The internet sucks here in Afghanistan and I don't have time to fool around with finding it for you.

Use my name in the search criteria.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone thats what I needed. I had no idea under the metal plate on the LX450 there were the exact same mounting points as the LC. You do need longer bolts though, I just sourced OEM ones from a salvaged LC. I would have thought this was a more popular mod for LX450 owners seeing as the sub in the center console is almost worthless especially when installing a newer more powerful head unit. And the LC console is more storage friendly and looks alot better after removing the LX450 sub.

Last edited:
I would have thought this was a more popular mod for LX450 owners seeing as the sub in the center console is almost worthless especially when installing a newer more powerful head unit. And the LC console is more storage friendly and looks alot better after removing the LX450 sub.

Agreed. Glad it worked out for you.

Q:

To Wears or BlackLX:

I thought I'd read that the LC console armrest sat lower than the LX. True?

Either guy, can you post up a pic?

I'm in full agreement...that CD Changer and Sub are worthless, particularly after the Scion HU upgrade.

Thanks for your help.

To Wears or BlackLX:

I thought I'd read that the LC console armrest sat lower than the LX. True?

Either guy, can you post up a pic?

I'm in full agreement...that CD Changer and Sub are worthless, particularly after the Scion HU upgrade.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the LC armrest sits lower than the LX. That's the first thing I notice when I drive my wife's LX. It just feels better higher up and the seats are a lot more comfortable.:) I also noticed the other day that the lid has a spring assist when opening it.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom