anyone swap seats out? planted brackets arrived for... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
stoked to get my scheel mann’s back in something after selling my tacoma.

BDAA6030-F125-4D0C-A027-CA8F4BEC331F.jpeg
02374514-30E2-4C7F-B204-4EDAB8018044.jpeg

I’m poor and custom fabbed some brackets for Some S2000 seats 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d love some scheel Mann’s

61404CC9-7AD7-423E-A3CB-497450B2E38A.jpeg

seats in. turns out seatbelt chime must have been deactivated by po somehow as i didn’t plug anything back in and no dash light or chime.

Those look so good! They look like they provide some additional thigh support compared to the OEM seats.

I have Recaro Expert M seats in my 100. Basicly a Scheel Mann, but I was able to get 2 of them off CL in like new condition for $1600.

I have to say the biggest thing that I love about the aftermarket seats is that I sit about 1.5-2" lower in the vehicle. This totally changed how I feel connected to the car while driving it. Before with the stock seats, I always felt like I was sitting way too high in the 100. There is a big downside to aftermarket seats. That is that you lost the height adjustment of the seat. I used to adjust the height requently during long trips to keep my back happy. I don't have that available any longer. I would totally do the swap again with all of the pros and cons weighted.

Last edited:
seats in. turns out seatbelt chime must have been deactivated by po somehow as i didn’t plug anything back in and no dash light or chime.

This is really funny. I was in the exact same spot. I didn't realize that the buckle had a seat belt chime until I was moving it over to the bracket and saw the extra wiring/plug.

I’m genuinely curious, is this for improved comfort? Driving position? I find the driving position to be one the 100 Series great strengths, I love it (except when I’m wearing a hat - almost never, then I have to lower my seat). I do find Volvo and BMW seats to be more comfortable but they’re both heavily bolstered and narrower, better embracing. These appear flatter and less supportive if not even wider. Do you lose visibility up close to your bumper and wheels being so low?

I’m genuinely curious, is this for improved comfort? Driving position? I find the driving position to be one the 100 Series great strengths, I love it (except when I’m wearing a hat - almost never, then I have to lower my seat). I do find Volvo and BMW seats to be more comfortable but they’re both heavily bolstered and narrower, better embracing. These appear flatter and less supportive if not even wider. Do you lose visibility up close to your bumper and wheels being so low?

I am 6' with a long torso. I sat way too close to the roof. It just felt high and like I was sitting on top of the car rather than in the car. In addition, after 265k miles, the back/lumbar cushion of the seat was really compressed and worn. I believe this is from the 3.5" of lift on the truck and people falling back into the seat when they jump in the truck. As a result, I had really bad lower back pain on longer drives. The seat bottom of the stock Cruiser seat were also shorter than I would have prefered. Which is surprising because I only have a 31" inseam. I looked into having the factory seats refoamed, but that was going to be more than I wanted to spend for a compromised seat.

I was looking at the Scheels, but then the Recaros came up for sale locally. One unforseen benefit of the Recaros over stock is they are amazing at providing lateral support when I am on rough trails. That is a huge reason to go for them if you enjoy driving off road frequently.

Thanks for the reply. I also wish for more lumbar and lateral support in the stocks, I might consider a refresh for that reason alone.

scheels are fully adjustable.

entire lower moves forward, which means i can have seat back where i need it, lowers forward so below my knees are still supported. lumbar and lumbar position, upper bolster is adjusted width wise as well.

the stock seats are comfortable but they feel like you’re sitting on a lazy boy.

i’m same as above poster. 6’2” w/ 30-31 inseam.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom