Anyone studying for the emissions test? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can't help but be a bit spooked at the thought on spending lots of $$$ to get my 80 compliant. It's tuned, no smoke, doesn't drip too much. Anyone know anyone thats done it yet?

If you don't live in Travis or Williamson county, nevermind... for now!

BTW- anyone in Austin going to Rudy's this week? I'm a newbie, but I may try to make it.

As long as your check engine light isn't on, you should be fine. Your rig is OBD-II so I'm pretty sure they just plug into the computer and scan it that way.

Even if they did do the tailpipe sniffer, they can't put it on the rollers so the load test is much easier.

Brian,

I recommend you get your test after a fresh oil change, and you might even put in a new air filter. Both of those have helped in the past with other vehicles, and now I just do it on the Cruiser to be safe. It's worth the trouble and I just schedule it into my maintanence so I just do it. Never had any trouble out of my 94, but don't even bother going if you have a "Check Engine Dummy" light on. I've been taking my truck in after warming it up well to, but the guy this last time said it won't make any difference, that it doesn't have to be hot. Maybe not, but I'll keep doing what has worked well for me with my owning this vehicle for 6 years now. Not a single failure in emissions testing in Dallas with this vehicle.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea you guys had been doing this for so long. I thought it was new to TX!

Going to take my inspectors test nexted week .... but I will tell you if your close a fresh oil change and 104 octane booster from Vato Zone will do wonders... if your ch eng lights on your SOL..... but we had a smoker 96 350 chevy with 200k on the ticker fail with a HC of 406 pass after a oil change and 104 octain booster.... down to 210 on the HC static ..... but like that said if you dont smoke and your ck eng lights not on you'll do ok... only had a few not pass at work most for ck eng light and o2's ... Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom