Anyone running one of the Aluminum Mishimoto Rads? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if anyone has any experience installing and running one of these? Thanks!

Geez. Those are expensive. I just put in a Denso from Rock Auto and it was significantly less than that. Is a Mishimoto that much better?

Geez. Those are expensive. I just put in a Denso from Rock Auto and it was significantly less than that. Is a Mishimoto that much better?
Good luck with that Denso. Mine lasted 7 weeks. Hope yours fares better. Had a big "made in China" sticker on it.

Replaced with OEM. Live and Learn, again. And again. And again..........lol

dealer, I whined a lot and they gave me a good deal. Up here in Canuckistan though my good deal price would make you poop. lol. I think you guys in the USA
can get them for around the same price as that Alu one.

Check out the big radiator thread here in the 100 forum. They were only released in October 2020, but there are few who have them. One or two have reported back, although I haven’t seen anything specific about their performance. I also have one, however mine isn’t getting installed until spring.

Check out the big radiator thread here in the 100 forum. They were only released in October 2020, but there are few who have them. One or two have reported back, although I haven’t seen anything specific about their performance. I also have one, however mine isn’t getting installed until spring.
Looking forward to lending a hand when it warms up. I'm overdue for some wrenching time, aka stress relief.

@94SRUNNER did you ever get around to installing your Mishimoto? Would be great to hear about your experience.

@94SRUNNER did you ever get around to installing your Mishimoto? Would be great to hear about your experience.

Yes. It has been in for 7 months and so far so good. Here are a few of my threads.

The biggest thing I notice it the temps seem to stay more stable. When climbing longer grades the temps don't climb as high as they did with the original OEM radiator. For example, I would see 193-195* on long grades while out on the interstate, now I see 190-193*. Driving around town, temps don't climb as high as they did with the original radiator. I would see 188-193* driving around town and after the Mishimoto went in my temps around town are 186-191*, occasionally hitting 193* at stops.
However, this could be a result of the original OEM radiator loosing some efficiency over its life.

Nevertheless, I like the idea of an all aluminum radiator versus one with the plastic tanks. Just my $0.02. The only cons (which I don't get hung up on) are while the Mishimoto is a near direct replacement, to install mine I needed to slightly tweak the OEM mounting brackets to get it to fit and the fit for the fan shroud is sloppy, so a foam seal is need to close that gap. I still need to add the foam to mine, but have not noticed any downside in cooling performance to not having it there yet. The last item I would like to see changed is the radiator drain have factory style petcock that you can attach a hose to versus the Mishimoto that has a bolt that cause fluid to go all over the place if you take it out to far. This may be able to be remedied with the addition of Fumoto style drain valve, something I may look to make work.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom