Anyone running LED light bar on Metaltech front bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.coastal-aquariums.com
Looking at LED bars to mount below the hoop on my MetalTech bumper. Anyone running one? Which company did you use, what size? Pics? Currently running a couple of IPF floods on the normal mounting tabs, but they just don't produce much light. Thinking I might swap those out to LED as well.

I'm about to mount these on mine. Nothing fancy

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416877610.093006.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416877620.158837.jpg

I was looking at a similar setup. Post up some pics and your thoughts when done if you would.

Looking at LED bars to mount below the hoop on my MetalTech bumper. Anyone running one? Which company did you use, what size? Pics? Currently running a couple of IPF floods on the normal mounting tabs, but they just don't produce much light. Thinking I might swap those out to LED as well.
Alright I got lights in and installed. Light output is great. Fit and finish on the light is good not excellent. I scratched one up pretty easy on the concrete floor. I'll post after use them for a little bit

https://forum.ih8mud.com/index.php?threads/Daddy-you-have-to-keep-up-with-the-Foo!!!-Build..819727/

I bought myself an almost identical light bar for Christmas (but the wife stole it, wrapped it, and put it under the tree for me). I was going to install the other day, but was kind of unsure how I wanted to go about it. It looks like you either screwed it to your bumper or bolted it on. I was thinking about welding on some light tabs or getting some clamps to mount it with. Where did you get the clamps that you used on your smaller lights? Did you in fact screw that light bar to the bumper?

Looks good! Thanks in advance for the info.

I installed a 13" led bar from MIC tuning. Uses Cree LED. I went with flood . I drilled two holes through the bumper and bolted it downl works great. I added 2 4" floods on the sides using the supplied light tabs.

Had em for over a year and everything works great. No dead LEDs.

So I ended up addi a 36" spot/flood to my roof rack

I bought myself an almost identical light bar for Christmas (but the wife stole it, wrapped it, and put it under the tree for me). I was going to install the other day, but was kind of unsure how I wanted to go about it. It looks like you either screwed it to your bumper or bolted it on. I was thinking about welding on some light tabs or getting some clamps to mount it with. Where did you get the clamps that you used on your smaller lights? Did you in fact screw that light bar to the bumper?

Looks good! Thanks in advance for the info.
I just drilled and tapped the holes for the light bar and used the oe bolts. The other set I used the existing tabs and the last set and got a set of kc 2 inch light brackets.

Here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0030...&dpID=31KBGnAD1ML&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SX200_QL40

didn't even think about taping the holes. Not a bad idea at all. I think I am going to look in to having a shop weld some tabs on first though, I want to mount it a touch more forward than I could with taping holes in the bumper.

Will do. Going to stop by Central Coast Prerunners and talk to mikey this week to see if he can weld some tabs on. Seems like the most economical and versatile option. Perfect timing because I have sliders coming this week which need to be painted, so I can repaint the bumper at the same time.

What type of roof rack is that?

@82much if your referring to my rack, it's a custom built rack I bought off a fellow mudder last year. Fits like a gloveand its a full length.

Will do. Going to stop by Central Coast Prerunners and talk to mikey this week to see if he can weld some tabs on. Seems like the most economical and versatile option. Perfect timing because I have sliders coming this week which need to be painted, so I can repaint the bumper at the same time.
Mike is great at that kind of stuff, he did my pre-runner bumper on my old truck. Plus he loves Toyota's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom