Anyone running Koni shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone running these shocks? What model? What are your experiences?
thanks

from looking through past threads they actually make several different shocks for the 80 series. I am just wondering if anyone is running them.
thanks

They make shocks for the 80s, but unfortunately do not important them to the US. IRC we looked at doing a group buy several years ago and even then it would have been about $1000-1400 to get them after the exchange rates, import hassles, etc.

I am a big KONI fan as well and I run them on my Honda Civic race car. My company has an wholesale account with KONI NA. From what I gather they might be able to bring it in for us. Let me email my guy at KONI and see what he says.

Here is what I can find according to their website

Koni: KONl Finder

Landcruiser (FJ80 / HZJ80 / HDJ80 / HZJ105)
with coil springs
Heavy Track
OG.gif
30-1426
OG.gif
30-1427
RAID Dampers: fit vehicles with standard or raised suspension, Front / Rear: 0 - 50 mmHT RAID90-538990-5390

But here is the twister. Summit racing has the heavy track raid 90 series on their website!

Koni 90-5389 - Koni Heavy Track Shock Absorbers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

280.00 each is steep for a twin tube shock, you could buy fox 2.0 or bilstein 7100 cheaper.

Last edited:
I am more interested in the 30 series heavy tracks about 115 i think

Here is what I got from KONI. Looks like I will send Brian a PM soon :)

Hello,

We brought in several sets of 90-5389 and 90-5390 for Jowett Engineering brian@jowettengineering.com at the end of 2010 to try to find a place in the US market for them. The 90 series Raids are really big, extremely robust units that are stronger than the other options as they are based on our heavy duty transit bus and bus sized motorhome shocks. They get used for a lot of the media and support vehicles that go along with the Paris-Dakar Rally racers and are used on some of the more production class Dakar race vehicles.

The 30 series Heavy track are much smaller and are normal sized shocks (50 mm OD bodied mono-tube)that are not for crazy hardcore off-roading but more mixed on and off-road duty like a normal performance truck shock. They will also be priced more like a normal shock as well. We have not ever imported the 30-1426s but did bring in some 30-1427s late last year that were exported to Ecuador.

Best regards,
Lee Grimes
KONI North America

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom