Anyone Running Gamiviti Gutter Mounts and an Ironman Roof Rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd love to see some pictures and see how the Gamiviti Gutter mounts work with an Ironman roof rack.

Thanks in advance.

I just installed Smittybilt's HDS gutter mounts on an Ironman alloy rack. They are similar to Gamviti, and lowered the overall height by over an inch.

PXL_20211221_144957834.jpg

PXL_20211221_145005450.jpg

no meaningful input but LOVE the limbsavers....amazing how much you think dont need them until the way in gets snug !! Cool Come and Take It flag...

I just installed Smittybilt's HDS gutter mounts on an Ironman alloy rack. They are similar to Gamviti, and lowered the overall height by over an inch.

View attachment 2871443

View attachment 2871444
Thanks for taking the time to post those pics. Much appreciated. Is that the 6' rack, it looks like maybe the 7'2" version? Are you happy with the rack? I think I'm going to spring for the alloy version, too. I'm really on the fence about the trade version you got - I think it will make less wind noise, but I'm afraid I'm going to miss the full basket for more easily lashing stuff inside the rack. Decisions, decisions...

I purchased the alloy full length 7.2' trade rack. It weighs about 65 pounds. I like the sides for mounting tools and securing loads and the expanded metal floor. About half the weight of my old ARB steel rack. I did fabricate a wind deflector to eliminate noise from the rack.
I did not care for the Ironman mounting brackets. They were too tall and had adjustment knobs sticking out too far. I have used the smittybilt brackets on other racks and like their adjustability.
I believe all Ironman racks are this graphite color.
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom