Anyone running a GM 6.5 TD and stock auto? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
is anyone running the GM diesel and a stock FJ80 auto trans? I would like to hear experienced advice. considdering staying with the stock atuo or going 700r4 or 4L60e. thanks guys.

I considered using an A440 transmission in my conversion but it was cheaper to go with the 7000R4, I suppose I could have used the A442 but it seemed like a lot or work to get a stand alone computer to make it work, plus I was not sure about the shift points in either one with the diesel.
The 700R4 was inexpensive and was set up for a diesel, rebuilds are inexpensive as are parts.
Good luck
Rusty

I considered using an A440 transmission in my conversion but it was cheaper to go with the 7000R4, I suppose I could have used the A442 but it seemed like a lot or work to get a stand alone computer to make it work, plus I was not sure about the shift points in either one with the diesel.
The 700R4 was inexpensive and was set up for a diesel, rebuilds are inexpensive as are parts.
Good luck
Rusty

thanks Rusty.

The stock auto would be nice since there are no adapters for the 80 T-case, forcing you to use a split case which I hear is wider and harder to fit in the tunnel.

Not true. Marks 4WD makes adapters to go from chevy autos to the HF2A case in the fzj80. Available in the states from advance adapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom