Anyone running 285/70/18's?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for any feedback on loss of power, rubbing(I'm pretty stock minus TB's cranked on my 2006) any pix etc, Lift will be in the near future but probably several months from now. I'm also strongly considering the 275's but like the idea of the extra .5" of height.

My buddy runs that size on his LX but it’s a LOT more $$$ for a 1/2”.
8BADF987-958D-48BF-B9BC-4466F32F86D9.jpeg

300$ more for .5”.... not worth it.

Reactions: GTV
Yup, I wanted that size, but the price difference is big, and tire stores won't have it on hand. 275/70/18 is a very common replacement size on HD trucks, hence why they make more and is lower priced.

Reactions: GTV
Checking in on this thread. I just took some 285/70/18 Nitto’s off my 200 series with about 3500 miles on them. Recently acquired a 1999 100 series and going to run Dobinson suspension with around 2” of lift. Have a set of stock later model 100 wheels in 18.” It seems like everyone says don’t do it because of the price difference. But they are just sitting here so.....will they rub? No interest in running spacers.

I did locate some older threads confirming no rubbing. Took a bit to wade through the “not worth the price comments,” but I’ll stick them on with the suspension next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom