Anyone running 16” Method MR 701 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Or any Method 16” wheel

I looked on their website. I don’t see the 16” in 5x150. They do have their 17” in our bolt pattern though. I like the look of them, they look like Volk/Rays.

They don't come in a 16" but I do have them in a 17". Just installed them over the weekend and am very pleased with the outcome. Lift will be going on Wednesday. Running 305/65/17 AT's and they rub a tad bit in the front and back. I'm hoping the lift will alleviate the front. I am sure I will need to work on the rear for sure.
new shoes.jpg

They don't come in a 16" but I do have them in a 17". Just installed them over the weekend and am very pleased with the outcome. Lift will be going on Wednesday. Running 305/65/17 AT's and they rub a tad bit in the front and back. I'm hoping the lift will alleviate the front. I am sure I will need to work on the rear for sure. View attachment 1884997

I plan to stay at stock suspension. What size is recommended for a 17” wheel? I was looking at 275/70/18 for the stock wheels, but I may end up going the method wheel route. I too wish they had 16” in this style.

They don't come in a 16" but I do have them in a 17". Just installed them over the weekend and am very pleased with the outcome. Lift will be going on Wednesday. Running 305/65/17 AT's and they rub a tad bit in the front and back. I'm hoping the lift will alleviate the front. I am sure I will need to work on the rear for sure. View attachment 1884997
Nice choice.

Mind shooting a few more photos from different angles?

Thanks for the info. I've been looking at the MR 701s and trying to figure out which what tire to match up with it. Procomp's website has the tread width of your tires at 10.1" and the section width at 12.4". Did you have to make adjustments for any rubbing?

Thanks for the info. I've been looking at the MR 701s and trying to figure out which what tire to match up with it. Procomp's website has the tread width of your tires at 10.1" and the section width at 12.4". Did you have to make adjustments for any rubbing?

yes..I a bit of trimming on the back but I didn't have to flatten the pinch welds. I'll do that when I jump to 35's. The front clears fine and it stuffs in the wheel well perfect in the front and rear. There is about a fingers width when flexing. Just enough that it doesn't rub the fenders. I wish I took a picture to show you.

Do you think a 33.1" diameter with a 11.77" overall width on these 0 offset would cause issues? I'm running the Tough Dog 2" lift.

They do come in a 16x8" wheel now with 0 offset and 4.5" back spacing, should be perfect for an 80 series but I have not determined the hub bore yet.

They do come in a 16x8" wheel now with 0 offset and 4.5" back spacing, should be perfect for an 80 series but I have not determined the hub bore yet.
Your in the 100 series forum. Our trucks are 5x150 bolt pattern - so no 16” for us.

Your in the 100 series forum. Our trucks are 5x150 bolt pattern - so no 16” for us.
Gotcha, but I had seen that the OP stated "or any 16" method wheel" above.

Do you like the 701s so far? Any issues or anything like that?

They have 18x9s that I want to pick up in matte black, that come in +25 offset...

I love the wheels. They keep the bead even at super low tire pressure. I've ran them as low as 10psi with no problems. They are a bit beat up now because of the type of trails I do though.

Hey, what is the offset on these and can you post a side pic of the poke?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom