Anyone Run this specific Lift Kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There was a thread in the last week with a slew of opinions, and some good info - but really most here tend to go with the caster correcting done on the axle end of the radius arms, not the frame end - so there's a lot bigger knowledge base of us here having gone down that road.

This thread is a wandering one, but there's plenty of good info & some cautionary tales too:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/489732-j-lift-gone-wrong.html

While you are searching around, check out Slee - most of us have purchased a lift at some point from him & while ultimately you could choose another vendor, Christo is pretty much the most straight-up guy & carries the biggest range of lifts & can give you advice & maybe has a lift you find would work for your intentions.

i replaced my 4plus man a fre brackets didnt even get me close to castor, and they hung up on the rocks

i replaced my 4plus man a fre brackets didnt even get me close to castor, and they hung up on the rocks

I have heard this alot about these brackets as well. I have J's in the front and only used ome caster bushings and have had no problems with any vibes or any other common by products of a lift. i do have an aftermarket bumper that weighs the front down a bit. If you want to see a picture of my truck with the j springs in front it is at the bottom of this thread:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-...roduction-few-pics-80-a.html?highlight=formal

I just installed an OME 2.5" Medium Kit from ToyTec
No Brackets are involved in this Lift Kit
My End Results came out at 3.25 " in the Back
and 2.25" in the Front with an ARB Bumper.
Did not installed yet the Castor Correction Bushings.

I bought the J springs already, but thats it. Sounds like J's give way more lift than 3 inches. I will be going with an ARB front bumper and a rear bumper with a swing out.

FWIW, I went to slee and purchase a 2.5" OME Heavy... Springs/Shocks/caster correction bushings(w press bushing) and steering damper. Good price and my rigs handles without a problem......

I used J springs front and back on my 92 HDJ81 with the arb bumper and winch they gave me 3.75 inches in the front and with the arb roof rack and tent they gave me 6 inches in the back. I also added a 170 ltr auxilary fuel tank at the back and that leveled it out nice. I used the OME caster correction kit and the truck rides and handles great with all that extra weight.

Hope this helps Cheers Andre

I am running J springs all around with Slee castor plates. Being light in the front my castor checks in at 2.1 and 2.3, very low on the scale. Once I add some spacers to the front to level it out that knocked me back to about 1 degree and it drove like crap. I felt like the ball in PONG bouncing back and forth between the lines like a drunk. Hopefully with the added weight and the appropriate castor correction the truck will continue to track true. Just make sure to get an alignment afterwards, be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom