Anyone Run Lucas Products Yet??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts on using Lucas Oils in the diffs on a 100 series.

I have seen some stuff on other models, but wanted to try and get some direct feedback here.

Thanks,

I've never used Lucas. I'm running Mobil 1 engine and gear oil and have always been happy with it.

With that being said, I've never heard anything bad about their products;) And besides, they sponsor CORR racing so they can't be bad.

I use a product called Seafoam for engine/gas treatment. Very good product.

www.seafoamsales.com

I'd recommend using it. I have used Lucas, but not in my 100.

Reason is that I found Marvels Mystery Oil and have been completely happy with it in my 40. Occassionally I'll run it through my crankcase with regular dino oil in my 100 and sometimes I'll run it through the fuel system.

Seafoam is also a good product as C-Dog mentioned.

Doug

Well...their in!

Just replaced the diff fluids front and rear with Lucas Pure Synthetic 75w90.

I assume the PO skipped the 90K maintenance in anticipation of selling the rig...the old stuff wasn't too bad. In the light it has the color of watered down coke-a-cola...a far cry from the color of the new Lucas Synthetic (Coors light).

In fact, I am not sure that the diffs had ever been serviced (94K) due to the heavy residue on the magnetic drain plugs...the consistency was that of "metal paste" microscopic metal particles mixed with gear oil.

Anyway, ran her about 20 miles highway no faster than 50mph and everything seems to be in order.

All total, I used just over 5qts of gear oil for both diffs...I am going to do a little digging, but I thought that I would have used more.

I will let y'all know what I think of the products and if there is any noticeable difference over the road trip I am taking this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback.

Got mine from O'reilly Auto Parts (regional place) it was $14 a quart...

I figure it is good stuff and I (hopfully) won't be doing it again for a good while.

For comparison sake, I pay $10 per quart for Mobil 1 gear oil on sale. I stock up whenever I see it on sale. I'm thinking they are comparable products so I'll stick with the Mobil 1.

$14 a quart is pretty steep. I'm sure the Lucas is good but I only paid $7.65/Qt for Amsoil gear lube in both 80w-90 and 75w-90. These are full synth GL-5 products like the Mobil1.

NMuzj100 said:
$14 a quart is pretty steep. I'm sure the Lucas is good but I only paid $7.65/Qt for Amsoil gear lube in both 80w-90 and 75w-90. These are full synth GL-5 products like the Mobil1.

Wow, are you a dealer? Good price! At that price I can see myself switching:idea:

Yeah...it is pricey but I was paying for convenience.

I know several guys who run the drag circut and swear by the stuff and they have tried it all...I think once we get to this class of product they are all really good, thus I go with experience or valued opinion.

I know guys who swear by amsoil too, but I can't go pick it up at the local parts place.

calamaridog said:
Wow, are you a dealer? Good price! At that price I can see myself switching:idea:

No, I'm not a dealer (my new preferred customer price is $7.20/QT) . In fact the whole stupid multilevel marketing system of Amsoil is what keeps me from really recommending it to others but my dealer runs a regular store with stocked shelves and regular hours. I think Amsoil has quality products but the MLM stuff drives a lot of people away.

Amsoil Dealer Paul Greenburg (505) 881-1693 (No connection with me just a good dealer) -

I agree that the Lucas, Mobil1, Redline and Amsoil are all excellent oils and probably overkill for our application. Amsoil is just the easiest to find and cheapest for me.

calamaridog For comparison sake, I pay $10 per quart for Mobil 1 gear oil on sale.

That is kind of steep, is that 75-90 synthetic?[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's the full synthetic 75-90. I picked up about 30 quarts 2 years ago for $5 a quart on super sale. I'm running low after changing the gear oil in a bunch of family vehicles. So now I stock up when I see it on sale. You're right though, $10 is the non-sale price and the usual sale price is around $8 a quart, sometimes less.

I'm thinking of switching over to a full Lucas electrical system though.

Oh yes, "Lucas... the Prince of Darkness!!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom