Anyone run Blakey Ridge Fire Trail in Madison county this year? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This dude posted a video of it in February, but given the fact that there's lots of green, I would assume the video is from at least last summer.

Parts look really narrow, can we even get down that trail? I assume a 100 is out of the question without carnage.

Thank you. The area by the creek at the beginning is what I am/was looking for. I know it washes out

My other reason for this trail is that at the far end you can go over to Graves Mountian Lodge for steak and beer

Nice find! Doesn't look too sketchy. :)

Post an update if you do go. This is right in my neck of the woods didn't even know it existed!
Ran the trail and it’s a easy ride. Very muddy but with the weather we have had it’s to be expected. Glad I brought my chainsaw because there were a few trees down in the middle that were not going to get moved with a winch or come along. Crowd was light until about 11 and after that it was getting solid up in the trail.
I think the draw of going to Graves Mountian Lodge for food and beers at the end makes it a prime trail for people who want a quick day trip.
The trail itself is not a big deal with just 1 area where you might need a spotter. One thing I did see was a ARB air compressor ( the twin unit) die a loud death. Apparently there is a problem with them? Guy had it mounted on a 100 series and was airing up when it first blew a fuse. The fuse was replaced and it ran about 2 minutes then started making a loud metallic slapping noise then screeched to a halt. He pulled the top off one motor at the valve and it had chunks of metal coming out of it.

Ran the trail and it’s a easy ride. Very muddy but with the weather we have had it’s to be expected. Glad I brought my chainsaw because there were a few trees down in the middle that were not going to get moved with a winch or come along. Crowd was light until about 11 and after that it was getting solid up in the trail.
I think the draw of going to Graves Mountian Lodge for food and beers at the end makes it a prime trail for people who want a quick day trip.
The trail itself is not a big deal with just 1 area where you might need a spotter. One thing I did see was a ARB air compressor ( the twin unit) die a loud death. Apparently there is a problem with them? Guy had it mounted on a 100 series and was airing up when it first blew a fuse. The fuse was replaced and it ran about 2 minutes then started making a loud metallic slapping noise then screeched to a halt. He pulled the top off one motor at the valve and it had chunks of metal coming out of it.
Thanks for the update! Figured mud would be crazy and that's good intel about all the downed trees. Wouldn't be the first time I heard of an ARB compressor sh*tting the bed either. Think I may have been on at least part of this trail at one point near Graves Mill Lodge...long time ago though at this point. Regardless, super nice area out there and quick to get to, appreciate the report :cheers:

I've heard that the twin air compressor tend to poo the bed... especially being mounted in the engine bay, but the singles don't?
Wonder if it has to do with duty cycle and how hot they get

I've heard that the twin air compressor tend to poo the bed... especially being mounted in the engine bay, but the singles don't?
Wonder if it has to do with duty cycle and how hot they get
No idea. his was mounted at the front of his bed slide that he had in the rear of his cruiser. Said he uses it to run his tires and fill mattresses when camping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom