Anyone replace all rear arm bushings with Polyurethane? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
Threads
So with 446K and all five factory arms would run me @800 I found a poly kit made by SuperPro but sold in the US through Energ6 Suspension. Not bad at 266 doll hairs. I know it’ll be a longer day of work muscling the old bushings out with a puller of sorts. I don’t have a press.

Anyone have any experience with poly in the rear arms. Upper, Lower and Panhard.

Pos-
Neg-

Rear Trailing and Panhard Rod Kit | Lexus LX470 98-07

Thanks MUD!

I think you answered your own guestion.
You’ll never get 446K out of Polly bushings. I tried Polly in my 75 and 80 series, lasted about 1/2 as long as oem. But that was on East African roads.

Lol... didn’t relize that!

Thanks, oh trust me I’m leaning towards OEM, it’s more money but they show up in a box and bolt right in!

Versus a days worth of sweat and possible cuts and bruises!

When I did the sway and link bushings I went OEM because they weren’t that much. I priced out all the OEM bushings for upper and lower and they are close to half the OEM bars. With the Panhard being aftermarket bushings.

I like poly in applications where they are under compression (body mounts, sway bar end links, etc) but I'm not a fan for rotational applications. They tend to squeeze out the grease in short order and then they get squeaky and sticky. I'd prefer a combination of rubber and solid bushings.

I saw in a thread the other day that Cruiser Outfitters sells just the OEM bushings for the rear control arms. Unsure on the panhard. Mine need replacement as well and I think that's the route I'm going to go. Definitely worth a look. I think they were in the $35-$45 range, so would be significantly cheaper than all new arms

I saw in a thread the other day that Cruiser Outfitters sells just the OEM bushings for the rear control arms. Unsure on the panhard. Mine need replacement as well and I think that's the route I'm going to go. Definitely worth a look. I think they were in the $35-$45 range, so would be significantly cheaper than all new arms

With shipping and the cost of each of the bushings being factory, but the Panhard rod bushings are after market it’s about half the price of five new arms with bushings already pressed into them.

Just basically goes from being an easier job under the truck to literally an all day affair because I don’t have a press and I would be working with a really strong half inch impact gun and a really long bolt with sockets to try to pull each pushing out and the new one in.

Heck I even figured it would be great to see what 446,000 miles look like on factory rubber bushings, I might even be able to get a couple hundred bucks for all five of my factory arms and somebody else can experiment with putting poly in those and swap them out if they want to.

Last edited:
When I worked at Carmax we used to send out stuff to carquest to get pressed all of the time because we only had one press in the shop and it was s***ty something to look at it if you don't feel like cutting and pulling.

Can I ask something about the Panhard rod?

SO it seems the cost if new LCA & UCA from Toyota aren't that bad but the Panhard Rod is over 200, what about just replacing the bushings in the PR and replacing the whole arms from Toyota in the control arms? Even go Poly in the PR?

I'm trying to grasp what each arm helps with? Panhard rod controls the left/right correct? I haven't inspected the bushings yet but when I dive into the rear susp I want to do it just one time.

Febest has replacement bushings for rear trailing arms & transverse (Panhard) links. About $10 each, have been holding up well for me over 15k miles so far.
You will need a press, these are large bushings with a lot of surface area to break free. If you have access to a second vehicle and can find a shop to press them out that would be best option.

SuperPro is solid stuff, BMR is the dealer/importer for SuperPro bushings for another car I have and BMR's bushings are fantastic too. Guess it's just a matter of poly vs. rubber for your use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom