Anyone recognize this part?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Putting my manifold/carb back together and have this part that I can't seem to figure out. Can't find it in the manuals. I think it's for somewhere maybe behind the carb toward the firewall, but not sure. Definitely around or on the manifold. Looks like a hose bracket of some sort. Took pics while disassembling, but apparently not of this part. Anyone know?
random part.JPG

it reminds of the part used to hold the PCV hose that comes from the valve, over the valve cover to the carb base. The clamp mounts under rear bolt that holds the carb insulator to the manifold assembly.
pcv.JPG

Thanks. Yeah, thats around where I thought it went, but that's not it. I have that part and a pic of it on the manifold.

looks like a cable holder for either the choke cable or throttle cable I have a bracket similar to that at the back of my carb except mine is a 89 year and may be different.

Don't worry, i took a thousand pics for that same reason.:p
It holds the power steering line to the intake manifold.

DSCN3367-vi.jpg

Nice! problem solved. Thanks Joe, and everyone else. Mud to the rescue once again.

Be VERY careful tightening the bolt into the manifold - 8-10 ft/lbs tops, or you'll strip the brittle aluminum. Use some good antiseize

yeah, I saw where you (I think) stripped them out. I went easy on them and all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom