Anyone recognize this front bumper? (pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone recognize this bumper? Who made it? Where/If I could have another one made? I'm sure its custom. I'm posting here because it seems like the plates may be Canadian.

Thanks for any help.

152553781_34cf5f07df_b.jpg

152542705_fa355ca610_b.jpg

Those pics are from our club's Cruiser Days event, and a while back at that.
It looks like one of those old (I think) Warn winch bumpers - used to see them on full size pickups here all the time. Probably modified a bit to fit the 60 series.

Someone else here will likely know for sure, but a lot of our guys are away for the long weekend.

Those pics are from our club's Cruiser Days event, and a while back at that.
It looks like one of those old (I think) Warn winch bumpers - used to see them on full size pickups here all the time. Probably modified a bit to fit the 60 series.

Someone else here will likely know for sure, but a lot of our guys are away for the long weekend.

Yeah, it does similar to the warn bumper, but it isn't a warn, i think for sure.

Thanks, I'll wait to see who else replies.

lindsays truck thta is in pieces has the same bumper

I have the same bumper on my truck, I think they were a dealer installed option. My buddy in Kelowna has the same bumper on his HJ60. The company that was making them is long gone, might be able to find something around BC, they were on a lot of trucks. I'd be surprised if EBI didn't have a truck with one on it. Might be easier to get a shop to make one up, they were dead simple.

Actually, that bumper fits an 8274 perfectly, can't see any way the bumper could be any narrower. In fact, I always thought the 8274 sat a little close to the grill, but I never had an overheating issue in any 60 series truck it was on. I have since modified the bumper to accommodate a Warn PowerPlant which has a slightly lower profile. I quite like the bumper, has a bit of checker plate on both sides that is a useful workbench/ step. You can still run tow hooks, I have since mounted shackle's onto mine.
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

is that a new 8274?

oh, went all out eh :cool:

I bought it when I had the BJ, I didn't want to try and squeeze an engine mounted compressor onto the 3B. Never used it at all when I had the HJ (s), now it's been ported over to the FJ. I do like having onboard air, the winch is a bonus. This winch (no problems to date) is no 8274. The 40 will always be sporting an 8274, but this mall truck is good enough with a 9500# Powerplant.

That looks like the very common and cheap 1/4" C-Channel, cut/bent/welded with some checker plate on it. I've seen many back yard fab jobs that used that similar style/type/design. Worked OK because it was usually 1/4" thick (sometimes 1/8th), didn't compliment the lines of the vehicle or approach angles, was easy and cheaper to make then most others and could easily be fabricated out of scrap steel on most applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom