Anyone recognize this 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
I know the Tacoma is mine.... :D
attachment.php

Hmmm... its got Idaho plates.....
attachment.php

Last one....
borg_roll.jpg

I'm thinking Eric's got custom plates, but not sure. Where is it (nearest community?)?

DougM

Hey, this is on your website and identifies the owner as Jared. Guess you weren't really asking the question then were you??...........?

[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=2;threadid=7956;start=msg67103#msg67103 date=1069656290]
Hey, this is on your website and identifies the owner as Jared. Guess you weren't really asking the question then were you??...........?
[/quote]

Not really asking the question, just teasing a fellow forum member... :D

Can't wait til he logs on to see his cruiser plastered all over the web... :D

In his defense... he was trying a nasty ledge... and on top of that, he had a hell of an attitude about it... true wheeler!

DAMN............you have got it everywhere i go. .......i think its safe to say that i wheel my 80 pretty hard.......just not safe :)

[quote author=NW-sickboy link=board=2;threadid=7956;start=msg67111#msg67111 date=1069658289]
DAMN............you have got it everywhere i go. .......i think its safe to say that i wheel my 80 pretty hard.......just not safe :)
[/quote]

I gave you 24 hrs... ;) Now its everywhere... check out the webpage... http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com

Your the man... ;) I hope I can remain that calm and reasonable after rolling a $20k full bodied rig :D

Hell....24 hours. it was on RME and pirate by the time i got home from wheeling 6 hours after it happened. ............gives me a great excuse to go BIG and never go back.

So, how'd the structure seem to hold up? Looks like a flop.

DougM

[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=2;threadid=7956;start=msg67118#msg67118 date=1069660455]
So, how'd the structure seem to hold up? Looks like a flop.

DougM
[/quote]

Cruiser walked away fine... broken mirror, dented fender and rear pillar. We did a record time spark plug check (it was way to cold to be wrenchin) and Jared drove it home... 8)

It held up fine.....actually really very little damage. my front pass. fender was toast anyways, the rear pillar between the sliding window and the hatch took a good hit but windows and hatch all still work fine. PS door clicks when opens and shuts but noting a BFH and 4 inch grinder cant fix........ Idahodoug, what part of the state are you in? I am from boise but am curently in utah. ...........In case any one is wondering i had purchased the new slee springs but am considering more of a 3 link with coilovers and closer to a 37s or 38s. now that it is a little more beat up. whaddyathink? should be fun.

[quote author=cruiseroutfit link=board=2;threadid=7956;start=msg67107#msg67107 date=1069657016]
In his defense... he was trying a nasty ledge... and on top of that, he had a hell of an attitude about it... true wheeler!
[/quote]

Nasty ledge huh? Doesn't look too nasty to me...lil bump at the wrong angle most likely.

;)

Dude ,

can you explain the line you were attempting , by way of referencing the above shots ?

thanx

[quote author=NW-sickboy link=board=2;threadid=7956;start=msg67111#msg67111 date=1069658289]
[/quote]

Hey Dude, Do tell us what you were attempting to do when the above happened. Save the rest of us from the same fate. :whoops:

Me thinks the slippery snow had something to do with it! Then again, I was out wheeling with some Hummers this weekend and one of them almost flipped.

Looks likee he went left to climb that ledge....slid sideways and over...

Why does the man needlessly climb the ledge, as opposed to staying on the well made road....Because it's there! And because he can...well...almost...

[quote author=Tyler link=board=2;threadid=7956;start=msg67142#msg67142 date=1069677474]
Dude ,

can you explain the line you were attempting , by way of referencing the above shots ?

thanx
[/quote]

yes, please do, looks like you were attempting to go over the bump there, too much speed?

btw, think tyler has a similar pic at the starbucks parking lot :D

we had been up a pretty good little trail, one our way back and just hitting some ledges. the ledge was prolly close to 4 feet (i am 5 8 and standing next to it in some pics) and a bit of it was vertical. got the ds front wheel up and the the ps side was coming around and as it continued to crawl the ds was the only side that kept traction, the ds spring unloaded and it went. a few things i have thought about since the flop. i could argue that angle all day, i didnt want to be straight on and actually had backed up once and straieghtened it. the pics are deiving because the front was pushed away from the ledge making it look like i was almost trying to straddle it ( and i wasnt). also,i will admit it prolly wasnt the perfect angle. lets see..........it flipped over rather easily, hooked a strap to my top slider and pulled it over with a built mini truck from the up hill side........and why was i needlessly climbing the ledge.....well, why did i just do a trail the i went all the way up turned around and came baack (maybe a mile loop)....because there are obstacles and challenges and its fun!.....same thing,. ......did i miss anything.......would i do it again.......yes. i will go back after i build my rig up some more and (by the way the reason i dont mind this happened is it put my rig inperspective...I BOUGHT IT TO WHEEL) and most likely play on those exact same ledges..........speed was not an a problem. went to 4.88s last week and it was going SLOW. and honestly i have had this rig to thie piont of no return and backed off or had a strap put on me and this didnt feel even close to tippy as it had in those times.....and the fate isnt bad. fender, rear pillar. the only things i will fix is the lense and mirror...................like i said earlier time to go big and keep pushing it.....can you say 3 link......38s..........dare i say coilovers....could be narly. :cheers:

Had you already rolled it when I came by on Friday, or was that on Satruday?

Go big! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom