Anyone purchase these molding or anti Collison trim strips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to paint my "molding strips" along my 1999. I was going to remove, clean, sand, repaint and install new clips along with the double sided tape. I was cruising ebay one night and found the item below. This sounds way easier and is reasonably cheap. Just curious if anyone has ordered. it is coming from China. I've msg the company to asked if they sell just a solid gray, no response.

Thanks in advance

I've never heard of anyone using them, but I'd imagine they would work. I've been screwed out of $70 on trim pieces out of China so be careful.

Mine are beat to hell as well, with some missing. I'd be interested to know your experience. I haven't used it with ebay, bit i've had good luck using fakespot.com with amazon.

I wanted to paint my "molding strips" along my 1999. I was going to remove, clean, sand, repaint and install new clips along with the double sided tape. I was cruising ebay one night and found the item below. This sounds way easier and is reasonably cheap. Just curious if anyone has ordered. it is coming from China. I've msg the company to asked if they sell just a solid gray, no response.

Thanks in advance

I bought them and used them. They don't follow the sweep of the body panels as good as OEM. I had to use some clamps and gorilla glue to get them to sit nice. If I was going to do it again I would change the molding tape they came preapplied with to the best stuff available. I would also change out the clips to OEM ones. They came with clips but they are obviously not the same quality. My original ones looked terrible and many noticed the change for the better. You will break almost every clip when removing the old ones. There are three different clip styles and colors. Most are white, a couple red and a couple yellow. For the price they are a good value. Shipping was about a week.

I've never heard of anyone using them, but I'd imagine they would work. I've been screwed out of $70 on trim pieces out of China so be careful.
Sagebrush can be a bitch out west lol

I bought them and used them. They don't follow the sweep of the body panels as good as OEM. I had to use some clamps and gorilla glue to get them to sit nice. If I was going to do it again I would change the molding tape they came preapplied with to the best stuff available. I would also change out the clips to OEM ones. They came with clips but they are obviously not the same quality. My original ones looked terrible and many noticed the change for the better. You will break almost every clip when removing the old ones. There are three different clip styles and colors. Most are white, a couple red and a couple yellow. For the price they are a good value. Shipping was about a week.
Thank you for the information. I've emailed them several times with no reply, so I will not be ordering them.

Thank you for the information. I've emailed them several times with no reply, so I will not be ordering them.
I may not have ordered the same ones you are looking at. I also inquired before I ordered and received a response within the hour. Let me see if I can find the exact listing. Oh, and by the way, the listing you used and inquired through I also messaged and never received a response (as per my ebay message history)

Last edited:
I'm actually in search of the OEM hardware which attaches these pieces to the rig. Any part numbers? For an 01LX if it matters. A few of my retaining clips that attach on the rig itself have popped off or broken when my fat butt accidentally stepped and pressed down on the trim piece and not the running boards

I'm actually in search of the OEM hardware which attaches these pieces to the rig. Any part numbers? For an 01LX if it matters. A few of my retaining clips that attach on the rig itself have popped off or broken when my fat butt accidentally stepped and pressed down on the trim piece and not the running boards
Here is where I got mine. Ordered a box of each.

Curious here! Do you have any pictures of the moldings on your cruiser? I was looking into possibly purchasing from them too but wasn't sure if the color would be way off. Or do you not recommend these ebay trim pieces because of overall fit and finish. I have a 2000 champagne pearl and it seems like the trim is more gold than silver in the ebay photos. Thanks!

Curious here! Do you have any pictures of the moldings on your cruiser? I was looking into possibly purchasing from them too but wasn't sure if the color would be way off. Or do you not recommend these ebay trim pieces because of overall fit and finish. I have a 2000 champagne pearl and it seems like the trim is more gold than silver in the ebay photos. Thanks!
They are not the quality of OEM for sure but a full set of OEM is $$$$. They are somewhat goldish in color. The fit was not so good but mainly because of my rookie mistakes of not using the 3M doublesided tape correctly. There is an adhesion promoter you must use right before tacking it down and it really makes all the difference in the world for adhesion. Color difference here is due to camera/sunlight effects, not the actual paint.

20210526_102307.jpg

20210526_102316.jpg

20210526_102332.jpg

20210526_102350.jpg

They are not the quality of OEM for sure but a full set of OEM is $$$$. They are somewhat goldish in color. The fit was not so good but mainly because of my rookie mistakes of not using the 3M doublesided tape correctly. There is an adhesion promoter you must use right before tacking it down and it really makes all the difference in the world for adhesion. Color difference here is due to camera/sunlight effects, not the actual paint.

View attachment 2685223

View attachment 2685224

View attachment 2685225

View attachment 2685227
Right on! Thank you for the photos! I think I’ll roll the dice and try them out. I’ll use your advice for attaching them. You changed the clips out to the ones via your links before applying correct?

Hey, checking in how was the color? I have champagne pearl also so want to know how close it matches the OEM E1 Grayish Beige.
They aren't that close. Definitely more gold than grayish beige. I've still yet to install them for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom