Anyone post picture of lower mounted wiper arms installed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

I have a later model windshield frame with the lower mounted wiper arms. I don't have any of the caps/nuts etc to attach the wiper arm to the screw coming through the windshield frame that is connected to the wiper link assembly. I tried looking at the SOR diagram but got a little lost.

Does someone have a picture or can they explain what nuts/caps/washers etc I need to attach the wiper arm to the wiper link assembly stud?

Thanks,
Jonny

I don't have a pic at the moment but I can try to explain what is needed.
1-rubber gasket about the size of a nickle
2-metal washer that fits the shape over the rubber gasket
3-nut to tighten everything down
4-rubber boot that fits inside the wiper arms
5-wiper arms
6-acorn nut to hold the wipers on
I'll try to get a pic for you

I don't have a pic at the moment but I can try to explain what is needed.
1-rubber gasket about the size of a nickle
2-metal washer that fits the shape over the rubber gasket
3-nut to tighten everything down
4-rubber boot that fits inside the wiper arms
5-wiper arms
6-acorn nut to hold the wipers on
I'll try to get a pic for you

If you could that would be great - thank you :clap:

Jonny

Revisiting this right now.

Would cost me $44.66 to get these parts and that doesn't include #8 which apparently is discontinued. I have a hard time spending $50 just to attach a windshield wiper... Any ideas from anyone? Surely I can pick up most of these nuts/bolts from a hardward store much cheaper... now if only I knew what size they all were ;)

Here's a close up photo of the way they are to go on. This is off my 76 parts FJ40. The wiper will go on between the rubber "boot" and the acorn nut. You can see in the first pic a closeup of it assembled. And in the second is the assembled piece with the individual pieces in order from left to right. Hope that helps. Wish I could help you out with these parts but most of them were missing off my other cruiser.
100_1022.jpg
100_1023.jpg

Here's mine from a 1/79 rig. The only thing you don't see here is the wiper arm obviously, and the bolt (#7) in degnols link above. It holds the wiper onto the stud, and then gets a plastic cover.

Hope this helps.

-Chris
Windshield Wiper Stud.jpg

Here's a close up photo of the way they are to go on. This is off my 76 parts FJ40. The wiper will go on between the rubber "boot" and the acorn nut. You can see in the first pic a closeup of it assembled. And in the second is the assembled piece with the individual pieces in order from left to right. Hope that helps. Wish I could help you out with these parts but most of them were missing off my other cruiser.

Here's mine from a 1/79 rig. The only thing you don't see here is the wiper arm obviously, and the bolt (#7) in degnols link above. It holds the wiper onto the stud, and then gets a plastic cover.

Hope this helps.

-Chris

You guys are both awesome - thank you this helps a lot :cheers: Now to work out a way to get this together without paying $50 for it!

Regards,
Jonny

sent pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom