anyone own a LC200 with a Toyota Steel or Alloy bullbar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
a little recal on your LC200 "factory bull bars" I Got this of Surf.au

If so,
take it into your nearest toyota dealer and have it inspected.
The chassis may develop cracks due to poor bullbar mount design.

If no cracks are detected you bullbar mounts will be replaced with modified ones.

If cracks are detected the chassis will be welded and new bullbar mounts fitted.

If the dealership doesnt have the equipment to weld the chassis and its essential that you take the vehicle that day...your bullbar will be removed and your cruiser fitted with a temporary standard bar cover.
The vehicle is then to be rebooked at a convient time and the chassis welded and new bullbar brackets fitted.

This only effects genuine Toyota Bullbars that are either steel or alloy.
Aftermarket bullbars that exibit the same faults will have to be repaired by the specific bullbar supplier.

The recall is on now and letters should be recieved very soon if not already.
Toyota LC200: Exterior Accessories
35176.jpg
35523.jpg

Good Info! Thanks for posting it.

Thing is, who guarantees this won't happen in cars with other bumpers, such as TJM or ARB?

Toyota may be taking care of their own in Australia, but I would really like to hear official news from Toyota stating that my 200's frame isn't going to crack as a result of me installing an ARB bumper & winch

Now I'm concerned!!!

Are the LC200 "factory bull bars" available in the U.S.?

If Toyota fixes the bull bar mounts, how would these compare to the ARB bumpers?

I ask because I would be curious about the Toyota warranty.

It will be interesting to see where the cracks are. Or even what the new bracket looks like. The factory bumper (from wheat I hear) is not from ARB or TJM. So, the mounts may be fewer or lighter. Sometimes these recalls are over a silly little stitch weld that really won't affect anything, just Toyota covering their ass

Holy crap! There's a such thing as a genuine toyota factory bull bar for the 200 series? lol...you guys get all the fun toys over there.

We just get an "upgrade" package -- which no one would really ever purchase one without it.

Your genuine all-weather floor mats are different too...

I am going to call ARB this morning and see if they have any comments.

Well called them this morning.

They said that they have not even heard of it yet. (GREAT!)

BUT they professed that they don't take measurements or anything of that sort from Toyota. That they run their own test etc.

So there we go!

Hopefully they are correct.

But don't get me wrong, I will be checking my mounting points from now on!

Wow, those look great, but man, I gotta say they look awfully close to a TJM.

Might be just me, but the lights are just like mine.

I would not be surprised if they farmed out the OEM bullbar to TJM.

We have a shop here that sells TJM equipment. One of the salesperson told me that TJM bull bars made for toyotas are made under Toyota supervision.

Looks like the ARB mounts to the tow hooks in addition to the bumper bolts... you might be OK but I would keep an eye on it.

Good advice.

Guys the problem is specifically with the Toyota bars. The failure is in the mounts. Both ARB and TJM confirm that theirs uses different mounts and definitely look more solid. The toyota one was definitely build to a price.

Guys the problem is specifically with the Toyota bars. The failure is in the mounts. Both ARB and TJM confirm that theirs uses different mounts and definitely look more solid. The toyota one was definitely build to a price.

Very nice to hear. Thanks!

Lc 200 chassis cracks

I Have one of the LC200 cruisers which have the chassis cracks -- The Toyota dealer has advised it will be at least another 3 months before any possibility of repairs can take place, this is on top of the 2 months we have already waited after cracks were identified. The worse thing about all of this is the vehicle has done only 20,000 kms on bitumen roads!! & to top this off the company which makes the bull bar for Toyota (Bocar) has gone into receivership which doesn't look good for other LC200 owners who have this Bull bar fitted. After numerous approaches to both Toyota & the dealer their attitude is "bad luck" you will just to wait until we are ready!! VERY DISAPPOINTED.

I Have one of the LC200 cruisers which have the chassis cracks -- The Toyota dealer has advised it will be at least another 3 months before any possibility of repairs can take place, this is on top of the 2 months we have already waited after cracks were identified. The worse thing about all of this is the vehicle has done only 20,000 kms on bitumen roads!! & to top this off the company which makes the bull bar for Toyota (Bocar) has gone into receivership which doesn't look good for other LC200 owners who have this Bull bar fitted. After numerous approaches to both Toyota & the dealer their attitude is "bad luck" you will just to wait until we are ready!! VERY DISAPPOINTED.

If you can post pics of the all the cracking etc. it would be very helpful for all of us.

Thanks

Plus where are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom