Anyone open on the 23rd? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alaska expedition? When ya going?

Not until I get the 40 into expedition ready condition. Probably Spring of 2012. This will be my 3rd time, but different route. First time was in an Isuzu Trooper, next in an FJ40. This time in a different 40. Adventure of a lifetime. Everyone should try it.

I might have to tag along with you. I'm hoping this 73 build will be finished by then haha... If not I have a 78 in Colorado. I would love to go on an expedition up to Alaska. I have a few friends up there I would love to see. I've been eyeing this one expedition that a cruiser club in Colorado puts on. What are you wanting to do to your 40 to get it ready? Are you running the 2f?

I might have to tag along with you. I'm hoping this 73 build will be finished by then haha... If not I have a 78 in Colorado. I would love to go on an expedition up to Alaska. I have a few friends up there I would love to see. I've been eyeing this one expedition that a cruiser club in Colorado puts on. What are you wanting to do to your 40 to get it ready? Are you running the 2f?

Daniel, sorry for the late reply. This is way OT but it's your thread so what the heck. Will be installing new OME suspension, Bilsteins, front and rear 4+ bumpers with swing out tire carrier and Jerry can caddy, Warn 8274, auxiliary lights, dual batteries and controller, and hopefully a marine grade fuse panel. Thinking about a DUI ignition too. If funds permit, I'll stop in Oregon and bolt on a Metal Tech Jackson cage. Other than that, I'm staying stock. :rolleyes:

That said, if gas prices are hovering around $5 a gallon by then, I may just drive to Blanco instead of Alaska, and hit the Real Ale Friday beer tasting. In fact, I may not wait on the beer tasting. Any road trip is a good one, right?

Lee :beer:

Jim requires a deposit when ordered, so I put a deposit down towards mid October of last year. Jim contacted me Nov. 11th saying my top and doors were finished and needed the remanding amount. So I paid November 11th and was told both items would be shipped the following week. Since then I've emailed Jim once a month and only recieved disrespectful run around and the typical "it'll ship next week.". Come to find out Jim has been doing this to over 40 of us. If you look at his thread you will see the long list of people waiting. The list proves Jim lied to each and everyone of us as I am now 22nd on the not so legit list. However, woytovich has taken over as Jims admin guy and I will say that since I emailed him a week ago, I finally received my soft doors that Jim said were finished months ago. However I have not received the top and am a very unsatisfied customer. I believe NatVet was and is in the same boat as I am with this situation and it's a very sore spot for me. If I am 22nd on the list, I probably won't be seeing my top until after November which is 1 year after I was originally told it was finished. So if your willing to be lied to, avoided by Jim, and treated like **** after sending a stranger a large chunk of Money, I say go for it. If not, southboston always seems to be selling softtops on here, and if I knew then what I know now, I would have went that route. Ah, this softtop subject pisses me off. Jim has acted quite opposite than anyone else I have met in this Landcruiser community and that is a shame because I've been told he makes a quality top. I suggest reading through his entire thread which is "canvas soft tops" prior to making a purchase. Anyways hope your doing well. Glad to hear your 40 is coming along as well as your head. If you ever need anything please contact me!

Daniel, just following up, did you ever get your new OCBeetle top? If yes, post some pics. From what I keep hearing, the operation sounds a bit like a ponzi scheme.

Rebuilding my 40 and my broken jaw are both about halfway finished. Probably looking at mid July before I'm back in Texas. Here's a couple of teaser shots of the 40 as of last Friday, with new sill, floorpans, and rear quarters.
FJ40 Repairs 123.jpg
FJ40 Repairs 125.jpg

Lee, looks good! Looks like it is coming along really well. Glad to see/hear the two of you are close to repaired. I have still not recieved my top yet and your right it's a ponzi scheme and your not allowed to be a pissed off buyer. It's not acceptable to ask questions. I'm pretty sore about it, and it's getting close to the time that I Decide to make a trip with my night judge to south Carolina.

Anyways, I've been on the road for the last month and will be back to Texas sometime around the 1st.

.... it's getting close to the time that I Decide to make a trip with my night judge to south Carolina.

Night Judge....LOL

44magnum--img-mbadfa4094a3a0b91a8f823ed762bed88.jpg

Did anyone ever find out what that guy did with the $40K he collected in advance for tops that were supposedly already built?

Night Judge....LOL

44magnum--img-mbadfa4094a3a0b91a8f823ed762bed88.jpg

Did anyone ever find out what that guy did with the $40K he collected in advance for tops that were supposedly already built?

he splurged on two keys of coke and i wasn't invited to the party :mad:

that is the rumor i am starting....

sadly, i wouldn't mind gittin a canvas top,,, but, two years is way toooo long to wait.

No one has a clue where the money has went. They are saying there is a line for a refund. A gentleman from Quebec posted recently he has tried to get a refund and has only been told to get in line. I'm afraid the vast majority of us will not see our tops. I'm going to give it another month and if no luck, I'm going to file a complaint with the attorney general's office in south Carolina. As my mind becomes overwhelmingly pissed off, I believe the night judge could put some gas in his ass.

No one has a clue where the money has went. They are saying there is a line for a refund. A gentleman from Quebec posted recently he has tried to get a refund and has only been told to get in line. I'm afraid the vast majority of us will not see our tops. I'm going to give it another month and if no luck, I'm going to file a complaint with the attorney general's office in south Carolina. As my mind becomes overwhelmingly pissed off, I believe the night judge could put some gas in his ass.

Given the amount of money involved, I'm surprised no one has filed a civil suit to recover their cash. Wouldn't he also be at risk of being nailed for mail fraud if he solicited and accepted funds by mail? Where's Mr. Toad when we need him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom