Anyone need OEM parts or wrenching done? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been almost a year since I posted last, mainly due to some personal issues revolving around :princess: v2.0, who is now ex:princess: v2.0

Anyways, if you're looking for parts or need some wrenching done, shoot me a PM.

:hmm:

Welcome back !

I could definitely use a spring pin for my 40. If ya got one, let me know. Thanks.

Are you talking about the locator pin on the spring pack?

Or this:
P1100080.jpg

oooooh! ooooooooh! That.

What I can get is going to be OEM mostly. Unfortunately, Mr T no longer makes them. However OME and others make those pins. Try Kurt @ Cruiser Outfitters. He has the OME's (#SP60010G) for about $15-$20 each. HTH

*Edit* Kevin's got fast fingers than me!

X2 regarding the greasable versions. I'd stick with the stock style.

The OME pins are greasable, have broken. The Part# SP60010 is not OME, are $14.50 ea. Have used them, good part.

I'd also stay away from the poly spring bushings like in Kevin's pics, mainly just from experience. I prefer the stock rubber style bushings. Be sure to use a compatible lubricant on them like NAPA's Sil-Glyde (765-1351).

The OME pins are greasable, have broken. The Part# SP60010 is not OME, are $14.50 ea. Have used them, good part.

Aren't just the early style greasable? I thought the latter ones weren't:hmm:

I'd also stay away from the poly spring bushings like in Kevin's pics, mainly just from experience. I prefer the stock rubber style bushings. Be sure to use a compatible lubricant on them like NAPA's Sil-Glyde (765-1351).

Agree/disagree, depends on what the goals are.:hillbilly: Rubber bushings are softer, in most cases flex better, often ride better. Urethane bushings are often stiffer, can be noisy, but often last longer. On early '40's there often isn't a choice, the only bushings made in the proper size are urethane.

Any silicone base water resistant grease will work well.

Aren't just the early style greasable? I thought the latter ones weren't:hmm:

All of the OME pins that I have seen are greasable. The early ones are the biggest problem, the later type are larger in OD, so stronger, tolerate the hole better.

Dave Gore aka "4-Plus", right here in Globe AZ makes nice ones. they have a small grove instead of a hollow core.

haven't heard of anyone posting troubles with them.

Dave Gore aka "4-Plus", right here in Globe AZ makes nice ones. they have a small grove instead of a hollow core.

haven't heard of anyone posting troubles with them.

If you have them, keep them, last I heard, he no longer makes them and hasn't for a longtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom