Anyone Near Harrisonburg, VA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw that on ebay yesterday and called the dealer that has it. Hes about 250 miles one way from me. He called me back about 45 minutes later. He knows he has something worth money, just was very evasive to me over the phone. I asked for specifics, and he said, well the ad pretty much says it all. Didnt know what a birfield joint was, and said that the first owner had the SC bolted on. I asked him what he would take for it (cash or cashiers check) and his reply was "what would you give me for it? He definately is going to hold out to the end of the auction. Its a very clean and very loaded vehicle. I could be pursuaded to swap my lx450 for it :grinpimp: Maybe I'll have to call him back LOLOL

My big concerns would be mileage related.

Is the instrument cluster original or replaced? Could be why it has only 45k on it.

Would there be larger than "normal" amounts of carbon buildup from such low mileage in the EGR system? If that is the original cluster, then it obviously got driven short hops.

And lastly, after reading other threads about the SC, would the increase in HP be worth the extra $$$ in running premium fuel.

If it were closer to me, id have been all over it.(still might be, my wife likes the lx450 almost as much as she likes her car)

Just my $.03 worth, adjusted for the increase in gas prices.........

uzj100-

I live about 20 minutes south of Harrisonburg and I might be heading that way later this week. If I do, I would be glad to go by and take a look for you.

I bought my Cruiser from a guy in Harrisonburg last year and I have been an ih8mud lurker ever since trying to pick up as much knowledge as possible.

Let me know if you are still interested in the rig and I will try to get up there as soon as I can.

Stonewall

Thanks guys. The mileage is to high for me but the guy said he had all records and it has lockers.

I thought he was referring to the auction on ebay as well once I read Harrisonburg. The ebay auctioner will want more than 21k for his 43k SC cruiser.

The guy selling that rig on Ebay has a used car dealership in Harrisonburg and he tries to keep as many cruisers on his lot as he can....mostly 80's. He's a nice guy but not real mechanically knowledgable on the Cruisers.

He is smart enough to know the Legacy of the Land Cruiser. He's also smart enough to know that LC's with lockers and low miles will usually bring the price he is asking. His name is Jerry Myers.

stevezero said:
I thought you were referring to the maroon LC with the supercharger on ebay located in Harrisonburg. It only has 47k on it. Who woulda thought that Harrisonburg was such an LC hotbed...

It's link is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...category=6443&item=4561858765&sspagename=WDVW

I've stopped by this dealer last time I went wheeling at GWNF (about 4 months ago). He had about six 80 series sitting on his small lot. Without commenting on that particular Cruiser listed on eBay, I can tell you that every Cruiser on his lot at that time seemed to have paint/body work done to it. Some were very low milage Cruisers but appeared to be heavly "used". To give the benefit to the dealership, I did not speak to anyone there about the Cruisers, so I can't say they are dishonest or are hiding anything. Just make sure you have someone check it out for you before you bid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom