Anyone mount ARB 2500 Awning to stock roof rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's so awesome how a rectangular aluminum plate with a few holes drilled into it is the best solution and also one of the cheapest!

With the money I saved on fancy brackets I can buy the side wall to go with my awning!

agreed! while Camping this past weekend a guy was asking me about the setup. I happily share the solution from mud.

Not an Ironman awning, but these are the mounts I threw together.

mount.jpg
mount2.jpg

Thank you to everyone posting pics and ideas on this thread!

I purchased the Yakima T bolt with nut kit that slides perfectly in the factory roof rack channel
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Yakima/Y8880184.html

I also purchased 1/4" flat aluminum bar stock from Grainger 4" x 12" (and cut it in half to have 2 4x6" mounts, one front and one back)

I used the Ironman quick release awning mount

69ACA19C-EFDF-4498-A5A5-037A0494C569.jpeg

62A95B1C-8591-4EDC-9BE9-0F5481A36314.jpeg

0457A471-02F5-4900-B48C-3B70175417C4.jpeg

3DFE4764-0B03-440B-BC69-CC976FBEF88B.jpeg

2BDB4C2B-E864-4D94-9505-C6D78A032B5C.jpeg

That's sweet man!

I need to do a quick release like that myself!

Great install and thanks for the pics. I will also be installing an ARB 2500 on my rig and trying to overcome some challenges. I have a roof basket installed on the roof that I wish to keep intact, did buy the L-brackets and will somehow see how I can work around that. will post pics later.

Since my LC has a roof basket that I wanted to keep, I found two installation points where I can secure and bolt on a couple of L-brackets using new, longer hardware. I spaced out the L-brackets so there will be support on the rear and middle section. After positioning the awning with the supplied T-bolts (?) and tightening them, the awning seems pretty solid.

2 L-brackets.jpg

L-brackets rear and middle.jpg

For good measure, I wanted to support the front section as well. I elected to buy a gutter-mounted cross bar where I can rig up an installation point. For future, I can use the cross bar as well to mount an LED light bar. Below is how I did it.

Front support using L-bracket & cross bar.JPG

These are great DIY solves. Rago Mounts are an option as well for mounting to factory rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom