Anyone mount ARB 2500 Awning to stock roof rack? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

87warrior, am I understanding correctly that if I print this template out at 100% scale the dimensions and spots for the holes to be drilled will be accurate?

Asking because this seems to be the PERFECT solution for me in conjunction with that T-Bolt kit from Amazon (I want to be able to attach and remove the awning quickly as I don't want to leave it on all the time). However, I don't have the tools, time or knowledge to fabricate something like this myself.

Also curious if the channels on the ARB awing are spaced apart the same as the Smitty Built that you have, or if the location for the holes might be a bit different for an ARB awning?

Hoping I can take the print out to someone locally who would be able to fabricate this bracket for me.

Thanks in advance!
Yes. Print at 100% and it will print out the exact size with the holes in the correct spot.
1569518997619.png

I do not know if the ARB and Smitty use the same channel spacing on the back of their awnings. My hunch is yes, but you should be able to verify the vertical spacing of those holes when you get the awning.

As @bamabrock suggested, you could make this out of a square piece of plate if you wanted to...and it would do the exact same thing.

Yes. Print at 100% and it will print out the exact size with the holes in the correct spot.
View attachment 2092313
I do not know if the ARB and Smitty use the same channel spacing on the back of their awnings. My hunch is yes, but you should be able to verify the vertical spacing of those holes when you get the awning.

As @bamabrock suggested, you could make this out of a square piece of plate if you wanted to...and it would do the exact same thing.

Thanks for posting. My computer is down right now, but was able to print from my iPad. I think my iPad distorted the dimensions. Sounds like it should be a 6x6 plate? For some reason it came out 4.5 x 9in. Thanks.

Thanks for posting. My computer is down right now, but was able to print from my iPad. I think my iPad distorted the dimensions. Sounds like it should be a 6x6 plate? For some reason it came out 4.5 x 9in. Thanks.

Please disregard, I mixed up designs. This is great.

I've heard the rago fabrication 4runner mounts work on the 100 series.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was ready to buy, then saw they were $200 and opted to try the home made route. Will use that as my fall back option.

Has anyone tried the Ironman Awnings? Wondering how they are over all

I've got one being delivered tomorrow. I'm going to use the template posted earlier in thread. Hopefully mounted this weekend. I'll post back the results.

Quality. You get the LED lighting and a 2.5x2.5 meter awning similar to ARB’s 2500 at a great discount. I’m very impressed with the overall quality of the mounting back, the cover, the awning material, the poles, and everything.

You saw my post on IG, but for the sake of everyone here, I’ll post some pics. Mounting was the most difficult thing because of my decision to stay stock for my rack (for now). So, I’m using Gamiviti‘s multibracket. Works very well.

We’re headed out to the trail and will be doing camping tomorrow, so it’s only been mounted in my garage and then on the LX and driveway tested, but I’m confident.

99013D8F-F252-4A72-A385-FC583BB1FE48.jpeg

C1008034-5F87-4DD8-AFA9-289542C9D03F.jpeg

A34786FA-509A-4CA3-95CB-BE286FE94B0C.jpeg

D0B321C6-9A17-44CC-B78D-8E9EFEDDA431.jpeg

Last edited:
I am very close to ordering that same kit. I like it.

Quality. You get the LED lighting and a 2.5x2.5 meter awning similar to ARB’s 2500 at a great discount. I’m very impressed with the overall quality of the mounting back, the cover, the awning material, the poles, and everything.

You saw my post on IG, but for the sake of everyone here, I’ll post some pics. Mounting was the most difficult thing because of my decision to stay stock for my rack (for now). So, I’m using Gamiviti‘s multibracket. Works very well.

We’re headed out to the trail and will be doing camping tomorrow, so it’s only been mounted in my garage and then on the LX and driveway tested, but I’m confident.

View attachment 2366111

View attachment 2366112

View attachment 2366113

View attachment 2366114
@GunninIt will you post a evening/night pic with the LED's on? Looked on their website and they don't have a pic of that, sounds like a nice feature that I'd like to see before buying. Also if you don't mind me asking what was your total out of pocket/any sales/discount codes to be aware of? Need to pull the trigger on something like this myself soon, camping season is here.

@GunninIt will you post a evening/night pic with the LED's on? Looked on their website and they don't have a pic of that, sounds like a nice feature that I'd like to see before buying. Also if you don't mind me asking what was your total out of pocket/any sales/discount codes to be aware of? Need to pull the trigger on something like this myself soon, camping season is here.

Yeah, I’ll grab some this weekend as I’ll be out camping. I have camp lights galore, but the LED’s should be icing on the cake.

IronMan does free shipping. So they’re almost the only ones you can go with unless you have an ARB shop local. Even then, at $249 OTD, with the LEDs, you won’t get a better price.

View attachment 2366111

View attachment 2366112

View attachment 2366113

View attachment 2366114
details on how you mounted that? Looks like there's a second bracket next to the Gamiviti bracket

details on how you mounted that? Looks like there's a second bracket next to the Gamiviti bracket

You mean the one that’s silver and goes underneath the rail? That’s part of Gamiviti’s mounting kit. Relieves strain on the screws/bolts/system that’s in the channel. It’s just extra insurance. But these awnings aren’t lightweight.

Do they only provide one silver bracket which goes underneath the oem rack?

One for each bracket (two brackets). And trust me when I say that’s more than enough. It’s so crazy sturdy.
Is it strong enough to hold 60 pounds 270degree owning? I guess not, but love to hear you opinion

The plate - Just finished test mounting my Ironman with a really simple bracket. Only thing I could find local was a 4 x 12 1/4 piece of steel that was at Menards and they only had 1 left. I just cut it in half and put holes at 1 inch(attach to side rails) and then holes at 3 inches and 5 inches to fit the Ironman rails. I need to cleanup the edges a bit and paint it but I'm really pleased with how solid it is and how simple it was to do. 45 minutes in the garage with a Sawzall and a drill. Only mistake I made was putting the holes too close together that mount on the factory rails. The quick release nuts were to close and ran into each other. Had to drill a third hole to seperate them a bit farther. The height is perfect. Can open doors fully and I'm 6'3"and can easily walk underneath.

The awning - Really like the awning. Set up and put away really easily and quickly. The led lights are nice and have an attached dimmer. You can also slide it back and forth to adjust where it is. Cover seems really high quality. Overall really happy for the price which included shipping.

20200710_184630.jpg

20200710_183839.jpg

20200710_184616.jpg

Perfect timing on the Ironman, was wondering about it myself and at the discounted pricing it's hard not to pull the trigger. These awnings aren't a science. It's mostly about the materials and build quality. Mechanically they all function similarly. And the LED included...nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom