Anyone make custom MPAC racks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Threads
I am planning out a few things for our yearly camping trip and I am getting CORBET's barrier but now I want to get some custom MPAC racks made for the back of the second row seats. Access would be ideal because I would just need to flip the seat down to get access to the MPAC bags,

Sounds interesting, could you explain a little more about what you are doing?

Sounds interesting, could you explain a little more about what you are doing?

Exactly this but for the 80:
DSC_0134.jpg

The MPAC racks get attached to the seat. Not sure how yet but I will know shortly. It will clear the drawers. Clear Corbet's barrier and access is just dropping down the seat. Basically I would put items there that I may need to access from the inside of the cab. Imagine not getting access to your drawers because you cant open the rear hatch for any number of reasons. This way I can still store a smaller first aid kit, dry food, water, protection, maps, etc etc

Dam thats a really cool idea. I'm watching this closely.

This is an awesome set-up!! I'm thinking the bracketry is the challenging part - the bags are cost-effective too!

I'm thinking about these for my 80, and my 40- mounted upside down on the rollcage, as well as on the sides. Can never have your gear too organized!

You could do something like this, and hang the bags on the other side. I'm building a removable barrier for the top as well. This way the seats don't have to support the weight. My current drawers butt right up to it.
image-918356378.jpg

rubberduck - whats in the top left and right corners of your barrier?

hindsight - finish your restoration of the FJ40 so we can see the storage capabilities!

Those are the reel lights that came under the hood of 90's chevy trucks. They will reach all the way to the engine. Great for camping lights, even better when I find the right led for them.

ya i agree with rubber duck these are the reel lights there performance is good and have nice features

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom