Anyone make an adapter kit for 1FZ to manual trans? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if there is a company, like advance adapters who is making an adapter kit for a 1FZ engine to a USA manual transmission?

Seems that with all the people in the 80 series nich that someone would have stepped up and made an adapter kit...for something like a NV4500 or an older GM syncomesh.

Are most people with their 80 series auto trans guys? Or do they tolerate them because the 80 is so kick ass.

It does not seem pratical to buy a very rare toyota manual trans for a 1FZ, that if anything ever went wrong with you could never get parts for. I am sure no dealer in the USA has seen a H151 before.

Anyone care to share their views...:cheers:

There's one guy who put a Tacoma 6-speed behind his 1FZ... He's 'Bjowett' on the board.

I believe the six speed took quite a bit of custom stuff. However, I think that; at one time, Spector (Specter...?) offered a setup with the tranny, pedals, etc. I can't remember if it was for the 3FE or 1FZ. Might check there. I can't remember if it was the H151 or R151. In fact... was it spector...? :( CAn't remember for sure.

Are most people with their 80 series auto trans guys? Or do they tolerate them because the 80 is so kick ass.

What's wrong with the automatic? Don't like driving a school bus?

Automatiics get me where I am going... so I never saw the need to consider to go through all the trouble..

Why not import a container full of manual boxes. If they are so sort after you could make a small fortune.

I believe the six speed took quite a bit of custom stuff. However, I think that; at one time, Spector (Specter...?) offered a setup with the tranny, pedals, etc. I can't remember if it was for the 3FE or 1FZ. Might check there. I can't remember if it was the H151 or R151. In fact... was it spector...? :( CAn't remember for sure.

yes spector has the manual tranny for the 1fz. i believe he also has the 5 spd for the 3fe. i remember seeing the the whole kit on his website, the 1fz engine and 5 spd tranny.

I believe that getting a few manual trannys from Australia is a good idea, but on the other what's wrong with the auto? Most people over here have manual transmissions and I don't see any advantages both on the road and off road. You have to fiddle with one more pedal, you have to be careful not to stall the engine on uphills, you have to change gears precisely while the whole truck is wobbling over rocks, for example. You also have a more harsh ride in terms of acceleration and changing gears. With the auto you just go from A to B. If you need a more hard feel, just get a torque converter upgrade.

Initially I wanted a manual, but I have come to agree with MikePL. Autos give me the smooth control I like. Manual is all fine and good in 2-wheel drive or part time 4WD, but in a full time I think it would turn into a pain to drive after a while.

here is my future H150 just waiting for tranny mount, clutch master ..

main.php

I'd rather have a manual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom