For Sale Anyone knowledgeable about South American Land Cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am currently living in Bogota and saw this ad

I thought it was interesting that that the owner claims this is all original fj62 with the 2f engine and 5spd transmission. I know obviously the wheels and paint are not original. Is this possibly original from the Venezuelan Toyota plant?

I am interested enough to go check it out for curiosities sake.

Latin America got “general spec” trucks or also called general countries. They are different than GCC (middle east), JDM (Japan), Europe and North America.

I have seen h41’s as late as 1992 in Latin America. The rest of the world was done with the 4spd by 1987.

Cheers

I am currently living in Bogota and saw this ad

I thought it was interesting that that the owner claims this is all original fj62 with the 2f engine and 5spd transmission. I know obviously the wheels and paint are not original. Is this possibly original from the Venezuelan Toyota plant?

I am interested enough to go check it out for curiosities sake.

That's not a 2F engine. It is a 3F engine.

I went and checked out the car and it could have been really nice. It was from the factory in Venezuela and had the original 3f, factory 5spd, ambulance doors and vinyl interior. Unfortunately, the guy had just had it repainted over the rust. Frame wise, it was in great shape but the amount of body rust made me pass.

Could this thing be an import? 1986 Toyota LAND CRUISER FJ60 RARE 4x4 PS PB VINTAGE COLLECTOR FJ62 | Denver, CO | Worldwide Vintage Autos | Denver CO 80216

Or is it just an FJ62 with swapped headlights and a weird "G" badge?

Looks like its got a 3F, auto trans, power windows and doors.
I came home from overseas to see this sitting in my drive way. My wife found it online and picked it up. Are there many differences between this and the American 1986 fj60? I want to start replacing parts but not sure what is all compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom