Anyone know where to get these hoses?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking to replace all the bigger hoses to the (air return valve?). But can’t find to source them. Any input would be great. Maybe I can just use same size hose from auto part store
C2878654-4B79-40C2-A33D-A7B42CF2B5FA.jpeg
E0998492-C21E-4C18-A59D-AAD42D36CCAE.jpeg

This has been a problem for many many years. There are no nice replacement hoses available. The workaround is to find someone who has desmoggrd their 60 and is willing to sell the parts. But those will be 30 years old too. Keep an eye on the classified section

There was a thread recently with someone working on a source for new hoses. My suggestion has always been to pull your stock hoses off and have some steel tubing made up at a fab shop that matches the shape and size and then you just need some simple straight hoses to make the connections.

Here's @Jasonredwood 's thread.

My efforts for getting repops made seem to be fading. In my quest I did find a relatively soft set from a fellow member but that said set is at the office of the people that were supposed to making the new hoses. I’m calling them tomorrow to attempt to get my hoses back and see what we can do as far as production.

I’d put a wanted ad on the classified thread.
There’s probably a few sets out there from people that removed their smog pump.

Here's @Jasonredwood 's thread.

I know a guy.....a friend of mine has a long history (the good kind...not the prision rap sheet kind) in the cars, bikes, plans fabrication business. He hasn't been doing too much lately due to health issues but maybe he would be interested in making some sets of metal tubing to solve this issue as he has to means and its lighter work. I'll scrounge up my old emmissions hoses and talk to him

Someone with good hoses could check with City Racer and see if they have any plans in the works or would be willing to recreate them?

He replied to me with this:

"
This can be doable but also might not be feasible. It gets down to
material selection and if the required bend radius fits what tooling
exists or if new dies need to be made to suit the job.
Material,
Aluminum is not bad to work with for both bending and rolling beads
on the ends if the ends have a short straight section.
Generally considered durable as is in most climates. Anodizing or
plating might be desired.
Stainless is obviously durable but hard to purchase in a soft
enough temper to work with. Issue here is up front cost for soft
temper material that will allow the beads to be formed.
Mild steel needs second process treatments that in this region are
prohibitive cost wise. Traveling out of state for proper plating
shops is prohibitive. I will be setting up for zinc plating but not right now.

If suitable dies need to be made that adds hours to up front costs to
do the job. I used to eat that cost but am no longer in a position to do so. "

Next step is I need to pull out my old hoses from the box of desmogged parts and go over for a visit. See what dies he has now and see if any of his existing tooling would work for the potential sizes. I'm thinking steel is fine for the actual tubing material and is just a matter of sending a batch of parts out to have them treated with either zinc or something appropriate.

I did the desmog last summer and pretty sure I saved everything but will let you know if I am missing them for some reason. I'll try to remember to look tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom