Anyone know where to buy these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj moneypit

Cubic Zirconia Member
SILVER Star
Threads
This is the end of the wire that goes to the temp sending unit. It broke off. I also have same ends to my brake. Can you still buy these? If so where? Thanks
90524476-EEB9-478F-BE89-F8F2A9F18300.jpeg
5B68012F-C1A8-485B-9B93-04DAA2DB5F1D.jpeg

Regular spade terminal works too if you can't wait for something else to come in

I agree with you, but I have had to fix so much sketchy wiring with spade terminals. It’s better if you can get a correct connection

SMD is the only North American distributor for Yazaki, the maker of the wiring harness. You could start there and download the connector catalog.

This is the end of the wire that goes to the temp sending unit. It broke off. I also have same ends to my brake. Can you still buy these? If so where? ThanksView attachment 2178532View attachment 2178536
X3 coolerman or toyotaMatt has what ur after, no affiliation
View attachment 2178544
I agree with you, but I have had to fix so much sketchy wiring with spade terminals. It’s better if you can get a correct connection
SMD is the only North American distributor for Yazaki, the maker of the wiring harness. You could start there and download the connector catalog.

ok ,

So , for some clarification :

@Fj moneypit needs both a water temp. sender Connector housing and 2 Brake master cylinder

pressure sensors Connector Housings if i follow his descriptions correctly ?

- The original OEM connector housings are uniquely different , one , the water gauge sender

pushes onto a male spade terminal on the sender , The 2 brake pressure sender's on the bottom

of the master cylinder , have what TOYOTA Term's or calls " Button " terminals , they both slide on

side ways , VIA the U shape groove cast into the housing itself ........

- You Cannot simply use a Spade terminal of any kind , unless you want to Fry you dash gauge
or Toast you brake sensors and short out your dash warning light so it stays on for ever till its fixed

the chances of some cheap china bare spade terminal simply vibrating OFF , during normal
driving around town is too high of a risk for me personally , Go BUY a new water temp gauge for
your cluster meter because this half / measure repair fails days later and find out why using
the incorrect part is not a good idea at all in this case , when it then grounds out on the cylinder head , and smokes the copper wingdings inside the gauge meter itself........

- Below are ALL OEM TOYOTA Genuine Parts Maker SUMINOTO Connector housings and
a very unique and very specialized solid bras terminals called a " Positive Grip " style

- These are both Superseded part #s from the original white color ones @Fj moneypit shows above , the black water temp sender ones and the Grey Brake Pressure sensor button connector
ones are BOTH UV rated & Chemical Resistant Special Modern Nylon material .......

- the special brass terminals , are much much thicker brass then any other types used on your vintage Land Cruisers , and incorporate a Locking de-tent ball feature .

- Nothing like this is sold on Ebay , i have looked many times , there is some cheap china clones that are VERY VERY high priced , regarding the button connector stay away , your getting ripped off by sub standard parts that will fail sooner then later ............

- regarding SMD , yes they are a Yazaki distributor , buts thats about all they are .....

- in addition to crappy customer service , you must have a commercial act. with them , and buy in bulk rate quantities , they dont just sell had fulls of connectors and terminals to the general public
finally there price per connector and terminal , is 3-4 times what i pay , buying directly from
OEM TOYOTA Genuine Parts maker SUMINOTO in Japan .......

- finally My thermal water temp gauge sender boots kits i offer on my website , i personally
had Reproduced using a NOS OEM TOYOTA GENUINE Parts Unicorn survivor Boot. i had since
high school , there made from Chemical Resistant EPDM Rubber , and are UV rated as well ....

- they fit very snugly around your temp sender gauge UNION it screws into , and protects
the sender and provides stable cluster gauge reading at all times .....

Hundreds of MUD members have MY brand of Reproduction boot installed on there trucks ,
with solid positive results .......

- in summery : fix it right the first time using OEM parts , and it will serve you will for a lifetime
if you treat it right also .............

and for Gosh sakes stay away from , Its too good to be true China garbage on Ebay .....

Kindly , Matt .......

DSCN2143.JPG

DSCN2144.JPG

Sumitomo Electric - Copy.png

toyota genuine parts 1 - Copy.jpeg

logo - Copy.png

Last edited:
...and to throw a monkey wrench into it. My temp sender looks like this.
491D9B11-6C03-4A4E-83A9-2C74DD2A7F17.jpeg

@ToyotaMatt do you have connectors for that style sensor? Also, is it the same size as the brake sensor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom