Anyone know this FJ60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks clean. Don't know it but looks like recovered seats and i'd check the carpet (and under) in the back - arches are towels?? some sort of vinyl laid down makes me suspect. look for rust at front and back of rear arches inside.

HTH!

Rob

That really does help. Thanks. I have been shopping for a 60/62 for about 18 months, and haven't found anything clean. I am almost at a point, where I want to just get a 80 and be done with it :(

Looks straight and clean. I bought a FJ60 last week in San Diego, almost same price. As long as it is straight, no rust, good interior, mechanical "good" and well maintained. You should be fine. Good luck!:)

Thanks Battle! There is that one FANTASTIC Fj62 in SD, but guy wants 13,500$

Something a bit curious I noticed is the fact the taillight plastic is very very faded, and every other plastic piece is in nice condition.

Those rear arches look like they were covered with cheap carpet that faded to purple. Or he is missing the original covers.

Looks like a good buy. Check the underside before you buy it though.

Something a bit curious I noticed is the fact the taillight plastic is very very faded, and every other plastic piece is in nice condition.

Those rear arches look like they were covered with cheap carpet that faded to purple. Or he is missing the original covers.

Looks like a good buy. Check the underside before you buy it though.

Thanks for the info. Hmm which is the "tail light" plastic you talking about?

Also looks like needs new rear tires.

Any ideas on the prices.... and at what price it will be a good buy?

Nice rig... really look at the A pillars, front door hinges, underside and roof channels for rust... hope you find none.....

Good luck....!!!

I'm probably beating a dead horse, but just look for rust. Check the frame, inside of wheel wells and so on. Personally I have yet to see an FJ60 with a body that clean that wasn't $10,000 to $15,000. It might be a respray which isn't a bad thing, many of us wish we could respray our 60's I'm sure. The concern with a respray is whether or not there was rust and what was done about it.

Good luck with your search!

Exactly Cliff. I know of a one owner immaculate truly no rust FJ62 for sale, He is asking $13,500. Car looks like it rolled off the showroom floor of Toyota yesterday.

Thanks for the info. Hmm which is the "tail light" plastic you talking about?

I just meant the taillights are faded. The plastic has a very dull finish compared to the sidemarkers and front parking lights

Looks pretty good, but 195K is a lot of miles unless there is an excellent maintenance history. Out of curiosity, there appear to be chrome strips on this vehicle that I have never seen before (wheel well borders and a "rub" strip on the doors. Are those aftermarket or OEM?

Out of curiosity, there appear to be chrome strips on this vehicle that I have never seen before (wheel well borders and a "rub" strip on the doors. Are those aftermarket or OEM?

I second that. I've never seen the chrome strips either. Overall this rig looks pretty darned good but anytime you see one that looks this good you really have to go over it with a magnifying glass. It's not impossible to keep an ORV in that great a shape for 25+ years and 200k miles but it's pretty close to likely. For the price, as long as the frame is straight and the rust is manageable, go for it. Don't forget about emissions testing!

Looks pretty good, but 195K is a lot of miles unless there is an excellent maintenance history. Out of curiosity, there appear to be chrome strips on this vehicle that I have never seen before (wheel well borders and a "rub" strip on the doors. Are those aftermarket or OEM?

I have not seen any 60/62 for sale under 200K miles. I would love maintenance history, but most of these trucks on their 4th and 5th owners, and all these years, sadly aren't much history there.

I think if one is looking for low miles with maintenance history best bet is to buy the LX450s/LX470s, as that owner demographic seems to take care of them more.

For the chrome parts you are talking about, when the FJ is new, I have seen some some dealers add them in CA (don't know about other places).

I've seen that truck for sale on CL before -- there's a nice coat of new paint that the owner wants you to pay a premium for, or is hiding something.

Ha, you cali guys are so damn lucky.
I would buy a 60 like that in almost a heartbeat and i don't even need another cruiser !!

Thanks Gary.

SPIKE-I don't live far from you, and have followed your story about the whole build, and enjoyed it. Maybe I can lean on your expertise, and keep your ear to the grindstone if you see a good 60/62 locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom