Anyone Know This Aluminum-Bodied 60?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FishTown

TLCA Member #29560
Threads
:confused:

nc1.jpg

I don't even remember what I was originally searching for, but I came across a picture of this aluminum-bodied HJ60 on pirate4x4. Anyone know anything about this? I would love to read the build on it. As well as know the reason as to why this was done.

No idea, but subbing this thread. That is a pretty unique 60. Looks like an old Land Rover 2 series.

Doesn't look like a 60 at all. Looks more like a Land Rover Defender. If it is a Land Cruiser it seems to be a highly modified 70 series if anything...

I would buy a truck like that.

expeditions.jpg

not if it didn't have those sleek aluminium skins!

i love diving over cable/plank bridges. all the cool places in SA are on the other side of a cable bridge.

there's likely 3-5 3/4" wire rope under each tire track. plus that was has guide wires. the fun ones are open sided.

Doesn't look like a 60 at all. Looks more like a Land Rover Defender. If it is a Land Cruiser it seems to be a highly modified 70 series if anything...

The only two things I see that are 60 related on the exterior are the front turn signals and mirrors. Pretty unique.

its tough to tell but the lug pattern looks like an 8.

To me it looks like the bastard love child between a first or second gen 70 series and a Land Rover Defender.. But where there is a will there is a way.

To me it looks like the bastard love child between a first or second gen 70 series and a Land Rover Defender.. But where there is a will there is a way.

Totally. My initial thought was Defender/Patrol mix. I wonder what it cost to build that. Could not have been cheap. I just can't see that the benefits outweigh the costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom