Anyone know anything about scooters??

I recieved a 50cc scooter from my mom that was DOA. Fixed the problem it had, but now have a new one and sadly enough, I"m completely lost with these things :(

It's not getting spark. I thought it was the spark plug boot (as the piece that clips to the top of the plug was busted off) but I replaced that and no go. Used the multimeter and I'm not getting any voltage to the spark plug wire when I try to start it.

Can't find any sort of wiring diagram on the net, so I'm lost as to what's going into this thing.

Thanks in advance guys, sorry for the stupid question but I figured this would probably be a good place to ask.

Shawn

CruisinGA

I have a hopped up go-ped that runs- buy it instead. :D

hi-po carb, K&N, tuned exhaust, third drive bearing (for jumping).

It weighs about 10# and will do about 30.

$150.

please? :D

PHAEDRUS

not sure what type of scooter you have but you can check out www.scoot.net.
My very good freind is the resident Lambretta junkie.
Warning though if this is a jap built scooter they could very possibly flame you.
Dave

miked

anyone into PUCHs ?
i got one as a project but havn't touched it yet.
figured it'd go nice in the back of a Pinz someday...er....no really, someday i'll have one. you watch.
what honey?! what?!

edited to add: tell us exactly what you have. i bet there's a schem out there somewhere...

Gumby

Supamod
Staff member
s-Moderator

burnt03 said:
I recieved a 50cc scooter from my mom that was DOA. Fixed the problem it had, but now have a new one and sadly enough, I"m completely lost with these things :(

It's not getting spark. I thought it was the spark plug boot (as the piece that clips to the top of the plug was busted off) but I replaced that and no go. Used the multimeter and I'm not getting any voltage to the spark plug wire when I try to start it.

Can't find any sort of wiring diagram on the net, so I'm lost as to what's going into this thing.

Thanks in advance guys, sorry for the stupid question but I figured this would probably be a good place to ask.

Shawn
Not a stupid question, but really damn hard to help without even the make or model.

Top Bottom