anyone know about rear valance? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone know about rear valance? fabbing? pics?

i think that's what it's called.
its the rear cross member that holds to two sides together (the two hardop sides bolt to this crossmember, and it seals the top of the amby doors), and it's in the rear.
i guess i could build my own, or fix up the one i have.....
i think it's page 108-80 on sor, but they don't have it anymore.
maybe i'll have to get creative.

Last edited:
sorry, i didn't clarify i'm talking about the hardtop.

well, i think i've got it down to 3 pieces. i am thinking 13GA sheet would work (.0897 inches) and would be pretty sturdy.
here are the 3 pieces that would need to be bent for the job. there is one piece of flat sheet that would lay across the top.
any thoughts or ideas?
valence1a.jpg
valence2a.jpg

Last edited:
i think i can do it in 2 pieces.
one is a U-shape, and the other is a C-shape with one side taller than the other.
this would cut down on cost of material, bending time, and welding.
might have to beef up with something like 12GA though. i still think 11GA might be taking it to far.
valence1b.jpg

valence2b.jpg

valence1b.jpg
valence2b.jpg

Last edited:
HI^C said:
just curious. WHY and WHAT for?
this one is shot to hell. it's rusting through from the inside out.
i was just going to cut out some of the rust and weld in new material
until i took it apart and found nothing to weld to.

I've got one i'll sell ya. PM me if you're interested.
edit, just realized yours may not be for ambulance doors like the one I have.

above is why i asked, tons eaiser to post up a wanted ad for the piece :)

use yours till it can be located, doesnt look completely unusable.

I might have a useable one out of a '71. No brackets but a useable channel. It might take a day or two to find it (I'm moving).

i thought of that, but figured i wouldn't be able to find one in decent shape, and it would probably take me as long to find one as to make one.
the side of mine i showed in the pic is the good end, the other end is totally gone. when i was removing it, the whole end bent up because of how thin the steel is as a result of rusting, which it has done all the way through.

any idea what something like this would go for? what if i made one? what do you think that would be worth?

edit: anyone know if the amby door version is any different than the hatch style? other than not having hinges i guess.......

HI^C said:
above is why i asked, tons eaiser to post up a wanted ad for the piece :)
use yours till it can be located, doesnt look completely unusable.

No go. mine looked like yours. DIfference between amby and lift. stirker and sealing surface for weather strip on doors for the amby. hinges and no lip fo the weatherstrip on lift

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom