Anyone into doing a long trip. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if any of the guys will be going on a long trip this year and if so can I come along. My trail machine has gone through a mild re-fit ie Safari Tough clutch, re sprung bushings pins and shocks. Trailer or Trailerless depending on the terrain , Just as long as we have time to do some mushroom picking in the Chilcotin mid july.

I was able to go back to Turbo Lake last summer and Fund another 2 months worth of travelling due to the Mushroom harvest in the area.

Last edited:
Yes I think a long trip is in the cards, but I would like to get more consensus prior to departure regarding expectations regarding schedule, travel pace and destinations.

Regarding the Safari Tough and Sports Tough I had read reports of high spring pressure on the Safari Tough – are they?
How much thicker are the disc linings on the Safari Tough compared to standard after market clutches? Maybe Dr Voo could answer that ..

I absolutely love my Safari Tough ! The clutch is Bulletproof! The pedal input is not too much stiffer than OEM but the "hook-up " is Friggin Awesome!

The pedal release took abit of getting used too. I learned to be gentle while releasing the pedal or else it comes back much quicker than OEM. I LOVE MY SAFARI TOUGH CLUTCH !

I am off this year. So besides taking dad to R.S. I have already been up country already on a couple of solo trips . I keep the spare M8000 very close , just in case the 8274 get tired or explodes

Aaron out of curiosity why did you go the safari tuff (exedy) vs the 4terrain?

Going to Utah for a week or so, that long enough?

One week or less is just a "trip"
"Long trips" are 12+ day.- e.g. Chilcotin, Mackenzie
In between is a "medium trip";)

Sorry bit off topic but where can one get the 4terrain or Safari Tough clutches locally?

Clarity Statement!

I like all of the Cruiser Shops ie ; ATEB , EBI and RADD

I got/ purchased the SAFARI TOUGH from RADD Cruisers. I sent the BJ 74 over and had them do the work !

Another Clarity statement!

I went with the Safari Tough because ; My BJ 74 is loaded up beyond the G.V.W. and I also tow a 1/4 ton army trailer (I did a weigh in on one trip ) it was 1250 LBS loaded.
I need a tough clutch. John Barron had one available and it fit the bill.

Last edited:
I would be into another trip into Upper Taseko and selected bits of the Mackenzie trail (e.g. the bits where the windfall is less than one every 50')

Camping on that beach was so so nice - now we need a canoe.:grinpimp:

I would love to join you guys if I knew it was going to be a day trip. Let me know if that's at all possible. I'm about an hour and a bit away already. When and hoping that falls on my week off up here. Old lady is already givin me trouble because of our baby. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I would love to join you guys if I knew it was going to be a day trip. Let me know if that's at all possible. I'm about an hour and a bit away already. When and hoping that falls on my week off up here. Old lady is already givin me trouble because of our baby. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

You are an hour and bit away from where ???

Not sure about a day trip ?- Mackenzie to Nehemiah Valley is 9.5 hours + 2.0-hours south of that.

I would be into another trip into Upper Taseko and selected bits of the Mackenzie trail (e.g. the bits where the windfall is less than one every 50')

Camping on that beach was so so nice - now we need a canoe.:grinpimp:

A while back , I picked up a 9' fiberglass livingston style boat with a 6hp Evinrude

Long trip

I may be interested, waiting to hear back for my leave requests. I put in for September & October off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom