Anyone into Deadliest Catch?

phatairman

SILVER Star

I watched 5 episodes today. That's some crazy s***.

Did they ever say how long you could live in that water with one of those surival suits on?

Between that, American Chopper, Monster Garage, and Mythbusters I watch an awful lot of Discovery Channel. The only better TV for gearheads is powerblock on Spike TV.

I believe you can survive about 45 minutes in the water with the suit on. Not long enough for a fishing boat with nets out to turn around and get you.

A friend of mine from college used to fish and crab in Alaska. You have to be a little crazy to do it. He had more near death experiences than I care to count.

Outback

I watch it whenever I can. Usually at 11:00p on Tuesdays around here. I caught some of the marathon too. You just get "wrapped up" in the boats lives and everything.

It was pretty emotional when the Big Valley went down. Tough life. I couldn't imaging being one of the other captains/crew that knew the folks on the Big Valley well. Pretty sad.

Jody.

PKP80

Badfish740 said:
Between that, American Chopper, Monster Garage, and Mythbusters I watch an awful lot of Discovery Channel. The only better TV for gearheads is powerblock on Spike TV.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

concretejungle

SILVER Star

Yep, i saw a few episodes. Very crazy! Lots of quick money to be made or lost. I think they said you could only survive 5 minutes with a safety suit on. I personally can't think of a worse way to go then to fall overboard in that water up in the middle of nowhere. Way scary!!!

Top Bottom