Anyone interested in exploring trails in the Nicolet? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
wiscoproud.kinja.com
My father in law has a cabin outside of Townsend, and I've done some exploring of roads I found on the MVUM, but I would love to do more. The key to that of course is to find someone to go with. Any one interested?

I would be open to doing the sections of the pipeline that are still open as well. I got the trail numbers from someone over at WOHVA, and I've never done that before either.

Let me know.

Sorry, My junk is in pieces again. Coming back better each time though. I rainbowed one driveshaft and nearly cut through another from a recent round of changes. Machine Service in GB has them looking new. Redoing engine and trans mounts -again. Redoing exhaust- again. back to square one with mirrors- again. Pretty excited for the results this time. After that I'm going to fix the window that has been taped up for 7 years. After that I should be good for a trail ride or two this summer.

Typically we leave the trails in that area alone until Memorial day or so. Normally too wet to tread lightly.

Impressive amount of work on your plate. Good luck

I was thinking about May as being the earliest, but this board doesn't have much activity, so I thought I would put out feelers early.

If you don't mind the stench of the 7 slotter crew TTJ is moving around quite a bit already this spring. (I used to be one of the jeep people- then woody converted my)

TTJ is a good group and welcomes anything.
WOHVA has a group going to MOAB for EJS
Woody is going to EJS
The Illinois connection has a couple Cliff's trips planned and some Attica trips planned. Not much more I know of.

I am open to anything at this point. I'm active on the WOHVA board, but not many others are it seems. I have been debating the GNTR in August. Its not too far from my FIL's cabin, so the drive wouldn't be bad.

GNTR is a blast. Highly suggested. (I do plan and host it so I'm a bit biased but you can ask any of our past participants)

WOHVA forums are underused but social media is taking over for us. www.facebook.com/wohva and www.facebook.com/wohvagntr

Just came upon this thread. I am in milwaukee area and would be up for some trail riding.

I'm in Janesville 45 min South of Madison. I would be down for beating up my daily driver. Where are you located, im looking at 3 to 5 hour hour drive. Plus i think alot of the trails are closed now till summer.
20160221_155255.jpg

maybe some interest from Iowa..

If you look at the MVUM map, most of the trails (forest roads) open May 1. Although There are a bunch by mountain that are open year round. I was just up there this last weekend for Easter, and was admiring how some of the "roads" (official street signs and all) are worse than some snowmobile trails. Look at Mountain Land Road and Violet Road by Mountain. They're open year round. Violet Road is right by the pipeline as well off of 64.

I'll readily admit there likely isn't much technical driving involved, but if you like to get off the beaten path and get a bit dirty, they would be perfect.

I'm was wondering if you would be interested in a trip 4th of July weekend or week after. I will be driving up from Mississippi and would like to hit a trail or 2 while we are on vacation. Let me know either way thanks

I will be leaving Mississippi in the morning (2am) and will be in Marshfield WI tomorrow night and then head to Phillips WI on Friday morning. I guess it depends on when you are leaving. I'll be in Phillips till Wednesday or Thursday

Too funny, i grew up in Phillips and lived there through high school. What takes you up there? I'll be in the Townsend area about 2-2.5 hours east of Phillips. If that's too far to go, I recommend picking up a MVUM map at the DNR office in Phillips. There will be a bunch of roads in the area. The whole town is surrounded by the Chequamegon national forest.

If you're feeling extra crafty, you can download the PDF Maps app, download the applicable MVUM map and upload it to the app, and then you get GPS on the MVUM map. Its a pretty cool app.