Anyone install winch in NON-winch ARB? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yeah, yeah... I know maybe I should have gone winch. I haven't gotten up close and personal with a winch version, so I don't know how/where the winch bolts up. Any idea how many :banana: this job is? I'm planning a M12k with Hawse synthetic fairlead.

i'm pretty sure that the winch version is built stronger to take the added stress. you would have to brace the hell out of it to make it work.

Cmon what buuuuuddy? Couldn't be that tough. Weld in some supports or bolt a mounting channel between frame rails. I'm just curious how a winch usually bolts up inside an ARB.

The winch bolts to the face of the winch bar, the top of it is open, the strength is regained with a gusset across the outside face of the bar at the top of the fairlead. The nonwinch will need a hole cut in the face for the cable and holes drilled to mount the winch and fairlead. The top will need to have a window cut for access to the spool and clutch controls, this area will need reinforcement. Brother Rob has a nonwinch that will get a winch soon.

brianinaustin said:
Cmon what buuuuuddy? Couldn't be that tough. Weld in some supports or bolt a mounting channel between frame rails. I'm just curious how a winch usually bolts up inside an ARB.
You can check mine out if you come out to the LSLC meeting tonight - let me know and I'll bring the 80.

Tucker

tucker74 said:
You can check mine out if you come out to the LSLC meeting tonight - let me know and I'll bring the 80.

Tucker

I'm there! Thanks... B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom