anyone install pwr dr locks/windows on fj60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
They have the power door lock kits on ebay for like $30. I was thinking of getting some for the lc. Some even come with a remote! 1)Any thoughts? Also they have pwr windows available. 2) Are they crap or worth it. 3)Or do other models fit the fj60? Thanks

Why would you?

For me, owning a 60 is embracing it's simplistic utility.....

But, to each his own.....If you like leather and lotsa buttons, I would suggest an 80.......Just my opinion.....

I have heard of problems with aftermarket gizmos like this, but have no factual documentation to forward to you.....

Uh, no. I bought a 60 cuase it doesn't have any of that crap. Imagine shorting out your power windows when you ford 4 feet of water?

Steve

I went from a full power infiniti car to a 1% power LC, It's a little tough getting used to. You guys don't have to be so hard on me, man.

Sorry if it came across that way, and believe me I understand what you are going through.....

Prior cars were Lexus ES300, 2 loaded 4 Runners, etc......

But I also used to DD 2 different Mustangs (65 Convertible, 66GTFastback), so I guess I knew what it was like....

I took my 80 on a couple of business trips the past few weeks, and thought I was driving a Rolls in comparison.....

You'll get used to it, all I am saying is that after some time you will learn to embrace the simplicity, and as you get the rig into shape, the thumbs up from all of the Accord clones and conversations at the gas pumps will make you proud of what you drive....just in a different way than if you pulled up in the latest and greatest luxo-sports sedan...

Happy Cruisin!

I put in central locking on the doors. I haven't got around to doing the tailgate yet - one day when I'm bored. It took a while to fit and I put new speakers in while I was at it. And I had fun doing it too!

Buy a set of Japanese HJ61 doors with the power everything built in like I did.

wingysataday said:
I went from a full power infiniti car to a 1% power LC, It's a little tough getting used to. You guys don't have to be so hard on me, man.

I agree. I like the old-school manual windows but the lack of pwr locks is a pain at times. I plan on fitting a central locking system in the future so post your results if you do yours. I'd be careful of a cheap system that may may cause more problems than it's worth.

Stock Toy should fit OK, but beware the aftermarket, especially window regulators. Had my fill of "custom" lately - "cuss 'em!"

I lnstalled street rod power windows in my 55 with a new wireing harness at the same time.Window reg. was slick.Top and bottom bolt to the door and one to the widow, easy,clean.But i dont go thru 4" water crossings with it .amps and sat. radio will not like that.I do think if it looks like crap it might be, so get good ones if you do.Rob

Hey, my TLC is my off road toy .. when I use it for DD is great have power windows and door locks, but trustme in the trail you gona hate this ..

I want to change my 4 doors, for a maual windows and normal lock.

My 86 G pack cruiser has power locks as standard. I think that if driving through deep water is going to effect the power locks then there would be more important things to worry about.
I like the factory locks on mine as I only unlock the other doors by pressing the button on the drivers door. Most other cars unlock all doors when you unlock the drivers door (or the passenger door!).

I have had a car before with power windows and at times it was a bit of a pain, especially if I gt out of the car and found that I had left a window down. I'd have to get out the keys and turn on 'acessories' power, then wait for the slow windows to wind up, etc. I was also concerned about the reliability of the power winding mechanism of that particular car, but the Toyoat Landcruiser optional power windows mechanisms would probably be better built.
I don't have the Toyota power windows on mine but I know that they were an option here.

Do you guys mean some 60's drivers DON'T have power windows and central locking? So how do you lower the windows if you don't have a button to push, or lock the doors? That's all a bit uncivilsed chaps.

Here in Australia on my VX Sahara, with the raised roof, sunroof, little temperature guage telling me how hot it is outside and inside, and not forgetting the alitmeter, and civilised things like a 12HT, central locking and power windows, I find it difficult to find a spot to put the leather refueling gloves when they get that nasty diesel smell on them. My Range Rover friends tell me they only use their gloves once, but I DO find that a little excessive. You overseas people have just such low standards.........

Tim

Bought a complete set of locks and pwr windows and harness from a 87 cressida, haven't put them in yet but I think the guys are right about simplicity, so i haven't put them in yet, i was thinking just the power doorlocks would be nice for hauling kids around, but the windows would be a pain, cause u can't go back to manual if something goes wrong

Tim - you're an a--hole! Cheers!

Why not buy a 62? Or at least 62 internals?

Simple is best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom